seventy-two

"Bye daddy

"Bye daddy." Serayah hugged him as he picked her up. We were back at my house and Avontae was leaving.

"Stop sayin' bye, it's I'll see you later." He chuckled as he put her down.

"Same difference." She shrugged innocently.

"You hang around yo' momma too much." He mumbled. "Ight Sabrea, I'll call you later." He said getting in his car.

"Okay." I said and drove off. "Come on we about go too." I said as I grabbed her hand.

"Where we going mommy?" She asked.

"We finna have a girls day." I said opening the door on the passenger side allowing her to get in the seat. When I made sure she made her seatbelt click I walked around and got in before driving off.

Distraction by Kehlani played on my phone since I had it Bluetoothed.

Do me a favor, pick me up, take me out later
Don't worry about no paper
'Cause I got much stacked up for nights like this
My life can get crazy, I deal with shit on the daily
But baby, I'm thinking maybe
We could agree to work it out like this

"Wait mommy play our songggg." She smiled.

"You want me to play our whole playlist?" I asked and she nodded her head and I went to our playlist putting it on shuffle.

It all can get so out of control sometimes
You can lose your faith, you can lose your mind
Lose your grip, get stripped of your pride
Till you don't know how you're gonna stay alive
And this world can throw you over the track sometimes
Your friends can stab you in the back
Sometimes you just break down
When this life tries to wreck you, I protect you

"I got your backkkkk, I got youuu." We both sung to each other.

"I take your side I'll lay my life down for you. I'll crawl over broken glass I'll stand in the flame, take the bullet take the blows I would take all the pain." I sung and she was swaying Side to side in her seat.