11 | into the jungle

- Picture is what Kira would look like irl! -

The next day, the remaining Elemental Masters find themselves in the air instead of on the ground. Their blimp drifts through the clouds, giving them a birds-eye view of the sparkling ocean below. It might've been beautiful if the atmosphere wasn't wrought with tension.

"What are you glaring at?" Rain snaps, noticing Apollo's stare.

"The next one out of the Tournament," they respond. She growls at them. "Aw. What's the matter, Fido, got fleas?"

Rain snarls, and Lemon has to hold her back by the tail before she pounces at them. Melody elbows Apollo with a disapproving look. Their jaw remains clenched, but they stare at their feet, looking regretful.

"Tensions are high," Garmadon observes, stating the obvious.

"Yeah, but not as high as we are now," his son responds. "I can barely see the island from up here." He rubs his back, which is sore from having to sleep on a chow house table.

"Okay, where's Chen?" Razhai asks as she marches to the cockpit. She opens the door, only to do a double take. No one is piloting. The only thing in the room is a video screen, which Chen's face appears on.

"How do I know if this thing's on?" he mutters. "Oh, I see, the light. Oh, I'm on? Ahem...hello, final eight! I see you are all eager for today's event to commence, so one of you can win my Staff of Elements. Instead of fighting for a Jadeblade, today you will be fighting for something different."

The screen changes, displaying a girl running through the jungle that the Ninja know all too well. Kai draws a sharp breath, suddenly feeling sick to his stomach. Nya...

"We have an uninvited guest on the island," Chen hisses as his face appears onscreen again. "Find her, and you will automatically move on to the final round."

Jay's eyes are alight with panic. "He wants us all to hunt her down! She won't stand a chance!"

"Then we have to find her before anyone else does," says Lloyd.

"In ten seconds, the bottom will drop," Chen continues, earning a collective gasp from everyone on board. "But to show you I'm not a bad man, I've given you eight parachutes." Everyone immediately makes a mad dash for said parachutes—save for one person.

"Sensei Garmadon is there?" Chen's eyes widen in an expression of mock surprise. "Shoot, that makes nine. Oh, well, I was never good at math. Toodle-oo!"

Garmadon grits his teeth, but he's powerless to do anything but hold on as the blimp starts to rumble beneath their feet.

"That guy's love for trapdoors is seriously GETTING ON MY NERVES!" shouts Lloyd.

There's a groaning sound beneath their feet, and a moment later, the bottom opens. Lloyd yelps as he—along with the passengers and all the parachutes—are sucked out of the blimp and into the sky. Screams fill the air as they drop through the clouds like stones in water, free-falling toward the island.

Rain tucks her wings in and dives downward, eyes screwed up against the wind. Apollo summons portal after portal, teleporting further and further toward the ground with each one. The two race each other to the island while everyone else scrambles for a parachute. Melody catches one and yanks it open, Razhai following suit. Meanwhile, a scream rips through Lemon's throat as she tumbles through the air. Wind rushes into her face, making her eyes water and her ears pop, and her hair flies out wildly around her.

I'm gonna die, she frets as the island draws closer. I'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'm-

A parachute practically flies into her arms. She blinks and tugs it open.