Misunderstanding

Tsukishima was standing near his team members, leaning onto the wall. His eyes were desperately trying to spot Yamaguchi. For god's sake, will there be a day when you won't be late?! Blonde clicked his tongue and looked over to what others were doing. Nishinoya jumped in excitement, while telling his silly jokes to Tanaka, who seemed really invested in them, laughing too loudly for an early morning. Third years were calmly chitchatting, still trying to wake up. Hinata was tugging Kageyama on the shirt, trying to get him into talking about Nekoma's and Fukurodani's captains, however taller boy seemed to be too sleepy to listen and only lazily rubbed his eyes, yawning.

It wasn't too pleasant for Tsukishima to spend his morning on a pointless and exhausting run, especially with these loud people around, however he didn't have much choice. It wasn't about getting Daichi or Sugawara mad at him for slacking again, it was a fear of leaving Yamaguchi alone with others. Blonde didn't want his boyfriend to spend his time on someone more than on Tsukishima himself.

Tsukishima wasn't possessive about their relationship, to tell the truth, he didn't even consider it as one. He knew that Yamaguchi sticks with him out of pity, as he doesn't see another reason for someone to like him, or at least he had always thought so. Blonde was feeling sick, thinking about it over and over, however he could do nothing. In childhood Yamaguchi was always around him, trying to be friends, only since Tsukishima didn't have anyone else around. Who would like to be friends with a cold, sarcastic person anyway? Not like he needed someone though. Blonde was fine with being alone as long as it meant not keeping anyone annoying by his side.

However Tsukishima grew up and didn't consider himself as someone to feel sorry for anymore. With time passing by, he found benefits of Yamaguchi always tangling along. Tsukishima was constantly receiving compliments, praising and signs of adoration. Yamaguchi made teammates attract more attention to Tsukishima during their time at the volleyball club. As well as tried convincing others that blonde was actually a good person, which made some more people look Tsukishima's way at school. Blonde would never say that out loud, but he wanted people to acknowledge him, wanted them to look at him as someone worthy, not only as on a sarcastic and egoistic jerk. He hasn't felt it being a kid, so he looked for it now. And Yamaguchi was a good ally for achieving that.

It may sound harsh, but Yamaguchi's love confession felt ridiculous to Tsukishima. Why would he feel something if his best friend's feelings grew out of stupid pity? However blonde accepted them, as it made him sure that Yamaguchi will never leave his side, worrying about 'Tsukishima being lonely again'. It was an invisible leash, keeping freckled boy by his side. The only thing Tsukishima had to stay alarmed about was how much time Yamaguchi spends on others, to not lose his one and only loyal support.

Tsukishima's eyes found Yamaguchi's freckled cheeks as his boyfriend joined everyone, greeting the team. Loyal? Tsukishima arched his brow and chuckled lightly at the thought. What a nonsense. A soft 'Tsukki!' hit his ears as Yamaguchi's bright smile appeared right before his eyes. Tsukishima felt something warm spreading all around his body, something, that he didn't know about. "Tch," he scoffed, "ridiculous."

"Tsukki?" Yamaguchi asked, tapping lightly on his boyfriend's shoulder, "is everything alright?" Boy was looking into blonde's eyes, with a noticeable worry, which made Tsukishima immediately snap out of his thoughts.

Tsukishima made the most non emotional expression as he could and looked down, to meet those pretty hazel eyes. Pretty? Tsukishima Kei, what the hell?! He shook his head in attempt to clear his mind. "It's nothing, just spaced out a little," blonde shrugged, running slender fingers through his hair. It's no good to get distracted.

"Did you sleep well? You look tired..." freckled boy tried to hug his boyfriend, however Tsukishima stepped aside.

"Just drop it, I'm not feeling like running, that's all," he growled, making a lame excuse.

"Sorry, Tsukki..." Yamaguchi let out a quiet sigh and wanted to say something else, but his words were cut out by Daichi's command.

"All right!" captain started, to get team's attention "Looks like everyone's here, so let's warm up a little and start running." Older boy made a sign for teammates to follow him and went out of camp's territory.

"Let's go," Tsukishima said to Yamaguchi and pushed himself from the wall and lazily started following others.