It's okay

Terushima watched Karasuno's setter pull his phone out of the pocket. "You can take him home, but keep me updated," Sugawara said softly, handing it to the boy.

"Sure," Terushima nodded, taking the phone and writing down his number, before giving it back.

"I'll go get you Yamaguchi's bag," setter smiled and turned around, making his way to the building.

"But can you...not tell anyone where Yamaguchi went?" Terushima called after Sugawara, adding a pleading, "please?" He saw setter nod and watched him disappear around the corner, before slowly walking to his car. Every now and then he felt Yamaguchi's fingers gripping onto his shirt, several tears rolling down his cold cheeks. "It's okay now," Terushima said softly, feeling another tug. He pulled freckled boy closer, gently stroking his back, "I'm here, with you." When he got to the car, he quietly opened the door and laid Yamaguchi onto back seats. He looked at boy fondly, stroking his head. Terushima heard quiet footsteps and saw Sugawara approaching the car. He stood up, leaving door half closed. He eyed a volleyball bag hanging on setter's shoulder.

"Here," Sugawara handed him the bag with his usual smile, "that should be all."

"Thanks," Terushima nodded, putting it onto the front seat. He took a couple of Yamaguchi's clean shirts and a jersey, making a lame excuse of a pillow. Captain carefully put it under Yamaguchi's head, trying his best not to wake him up. He eyed his handiwork and sighed. Should work for now. Terushima pulled away, closing the door.

"You love him, don't you?" Sugawara smiled softly.

Terushima's eyebrows shot up at the question. He expected him to ask, but not that straightforward. Captain's cheeks dusted pink, eyes wandering to sleeping Yamaguchi. "I do," he said quietly. I really do... He perfectly knew that boy had a boyfriend. He knew he's only a good friend to Yamaguchi. However he couldn't get rid of these feelings, no matter how hard he tried. A heavy sigh left his lips, "more than you can imagine," he smiled softly, eyes still fixated on the freckled boy.

Sugawara chuckled, "figured that much," he said more to himself. Setter turned on his heels and waved to the captain. "Take good care of him," he glanced over the shoulder and winked.

"Will do," Terushima smirked in reply. Thank you. He was lucky it was Sugawara, who he came across tonight. He doubted anyone else could help more than he did. Terushima got into the car and started the engine. Captain glanced in the rear-view mirror at the sleeping boy. What the hell did salty do this time? Terushima clicked his tongue and drove out of camp's territory.

Night was cold. Terushima didn't want to wake Yamaguchi up, so drove slowly in silence. Several cars passed by, shining bright light into Terushima's eyes. He wasn't paying much attention though. His head was filled with different scenarios of what might have happened. One thing Terushima knew for sure - Yamaguchi had another 'fight' with Tsukishima. Did they break up? A thought made his lips curve a little, before he shook his head. Don't be a jerk! He rolled his eyes. It was the worst possible moment to think about advantages of this situation. But breakup was still possible. Terushima furrowed his eyebrows. Big fight during camp...sounds kinda weird. Tsukishima would never have such an argument in public. He never liked attracting attention to his love life. Well, he wouldn't even care about anything besides that in the first place. Terushima rolled his eyes.This jerk with that damn indifference of his. He squeezed the steering wheel, knuckles turning white.

After half an hour Terushima turned to a narrow street and killed the engine. He got out of the car, pausing to look around for a moment, before coming up to a small house. He unlocked the front door and kicked it open. No one should be around till Thursday as I remember. He turned on the light in the hallway. Good timing. Terushima smirked and threw keys onto a shelf, turning to the car. He opened the back door and gently picked up Yamaguchi. "Let's go, freckles," he breathed out and headed back into the house. Terushima made his way upstairs and walked into his bedroom. He gently put Yamaguchi on the bed, "here you go." He ran his hand through his messy hair and smiled. Terushima stroked boy's cheek softly and headed downstairs to get his volleyball bag.

When Terushima got back to the bedroom, he immediately took his jacket off Yamaguchi's shoulders, replacing it with a warm blanket. "This should warm you up," he said more to himself and looked around. Yamaguchi's bag was lying near the bed, phone sticking out of it's pocket. Why did you turn it off though? Terushima furrowed his eyebrows and took the phone out. Attempt to switch it on failed miserably. "Ran out of the battery," Terushima clicked his tongue and looked at sleeping Yamaguchi, "did you forget to charge it again?" Question left hanging in the air as Yamaguchi mumbled a quiet 'no, don't'. Terushima put phone beside his own on the desk, connecting it to a charging wire, and returned to the boy. Yamaguchi was squeezing blanket, hiding his face in it. "It's okay, I'm here," he gently stroked Yamaguchi's back.

A sudden buzzing from the desk caught Terushima's attention. Seriously? He let out an annoyed growl and made his way back to it. However it wasn't ordinary night spam of his team. Yamaguchi's phone lit up, messages coming in. Terushima's eyes traveled across the screen. There were a couple of his own messages mixed up with Sugawara's, Daichi's and some from 'Love'. Tsukishima...This bastard. What did he want? He gritted his teeth and clicked to preview messages on the lock screen. Terushima wasn't a fan of going through other people's phones, so he decided not to open the chat itself. Right now he needed only a hint about what has happened at the camp. He yawned and read a 'What happened? Is everything okay?' text, followed by a similar 'Yams what happened?' one. Terushima switched off the phone and glanced at Yamaguchi. What the hell happened? This didn't make any sense and he was getting too tired to think.

A stray tear rolled down Yamaguchi's cheek, making Terushima rush back to the bed. "Hey," his voice came out softer that he expected, "you're fine, everything's gonna be fine." He ran his fingers through Yamaguchi's hair and let out a frustrated sigh. He wanted to sleep on the couch downstairs to give boy space, but now it didn't seem to be a good decision. Guess I'm gonna stay here tonight. Terushima stood up and walked up to the desk. He threw a quick 'tmrw without me' in Johzenji's team group chat. He thought for a second, before adding 'smth came up'. Terushima switched his phone off and lay down on the bed beside Yamaguchi. He didn't have much space, but leaving boy alone wasn't an option. I'll be lucky if I'll get even an hour of sleep. He yawned again. He felt Yamaguchi tense up and pulled him closer. One thing Terushima learned while helping Yamaguchi all this time was that boy seemed to calm down much better feeling someone being around him. Let's hope tomorrow will be better for you...