Play with us

Breakfast passed in a comfortable silence. Boys put away dishes and now were lying on the sofa in the living room. Yamaguchi watched some kind of an old movie, time to time glancing Terushima's way. It felt amusing how different he was from Tsukishima. Maybe Yamaguchi should have listened when Terushima was pointing his boyfriend's mistakes and attitude. He felt a painful sting in his chest. If it wasn't for Terushima being by his side now, Yamaguchi would probably stay in bed and cry till he couldn't feel anything anymore. He hated to admit it though. It was pitiful truth he hated much more than getting lied to for years. No crying today. He sighed, leaning into the soft sofa. To prevent further dark thoughts crawling into his mind, Yamaguchi focused his attention on Terushima. He peacefully scrolled through his phone completely uninterested in the movie. Yamaguchi's phone however was still lying upstairs. It was kind of refreshing to not get any texts and relax from yesterday's events though. Yamaguchi was pretty sure there are a lot of texts from the team, but he don't want to care about it at least for now.

Yamaguchi's eyes slid over Terushima. He went through so much trouble, barely slept and stayed alarmed every minute, while taking care of Yamaguchi. But here he was, sitting beside him as if nothing has ever happened. He looked relaxed, like taking care of Yamaguchi went without saying on daily basis. Even more amusing for him, was the fact that Terushima never seemed uncomfortable around him or annoyed. He was nothing like Tsukishima. Terushima let Yamaguchi ruffle his hair, pull jokes on him, talk as much as he wanted, wear his clothes. No grumbling, sighs or scolding. A warm feeling washed over him. He felt cared and loved with Terushima. He felt like home.

Yamaguchi sighed. What if everything was different? What if we met before I had Tsukishima...or if we were just friends? He let his thoughts run free for a moment. His eyes lingered on Terushima's features. His hair was still a mess with a few blonde strands falling onto his eyes. Older boy's lips stretched in his usual sly smirk, while he typed something on the phone. Terushima bit his lower lip, eyes narrowing on the screen, before chuckling lightly. Yamaguchi felt his ears burn. Hot. It wasn't the first time this thought crossed his mind. This morning and now. If he met Terushima under different circumstances, maybe he would try to make it more than a friendship. Yamaguchi bit his cheek. Don't be ridiculous. He probably has a boyfriend already... A deep sigh left his lips with a tiny sting of a feeling he couldn't name. Fuck. I'm screwed...

Terushima snickered, snapping Yamaguchi out of his thoughts. He cocked his head to the side, "what is it?" Somehow his curiosity got ahead of his mind. If there was something that made Terushima laugh, Yamaguchi wanted to know it. He swallowed hard. It wasn't something boy expected from himself. That was...interesting...

Terushima clicked his tongue, "these idiots found me a 'possible hookup'." He bent two fingers, air-quoting last two words.

"Hookup?" Yamaguchi felt another sting in his chest. Terushima never talked much about his love life, but hearing this was...disappointing? It was a different feeling from anything that he felt before. Something Yamaguchi was afraid to recognize. "You don't have a boyfriend?" he asked before thinking again.

"Mhm," Terushima didn't look up from his phone, "Why would I? You know my reputation." He rolled his eyes, texting something in the chat.

Yamaguchi was aware of Terushima's reputation, but was refusing to believe it. "Why though?" another question lead by sting in the chest.

"Some time ago I got turned down. Well, he already had a boyfriend, so it doesn't count, right?" he smirked, but then frowned again. It didn't feel like he payed much attention to his words. Yamaguchi took a chance to study his face. Terushima never talked about this with him. It was the only question he avoided or made excuses about. It seemed like now he was lost somewhere in his own thoughts. Forgot that Yamaguchi is the one asking. "I got home that day...but couldn't forget about him," he chuckled again, "that sounds dumb as fuck... but anyway, it was first time I actually got interested in someone this badly." Yamaguchi wanted to ask who it was, but Terushima's words were faster. Maybe for the better. Older boy licked his lips, "I thought casual hookups will take him off my mind," he clicked his tongue, texting something in the chat again, "it clearly didn't...hookups were a shitty decision," he paused for a second, running a hand through his hair, "now I'm...waiting for the right moment to try again with him I guess?" He sighed deeply, throwing his head back. He mumbled something under his breath, still looking at his phone, but it was too quiet for Yamaguchi to hear.