It suits you

"So they won't be back till Sunday?" Yamaguchi arched an eyebrow.

"Well," Terushima drawled, taking a swig of water, "apparently mom met her old friend, so they decided to stay for two more days." He shrugged, opening the door. It was third day of Yamaguchi staying at his place. Boy's parents knew nothing about what was happening and it didn't seem like Yamaguchi was going to tell them any time soon. Terushima didn't mind though.

Yamaguchi swung his bag off his shoulder and flopped on the floor in the hallway, "can I stay here for a while?"

"Nope, you're coming to shower and we're gonna order something to eat," Terushima chuckled.

Yamaguchi let out an exasperated sigh. It was late evening after his second practice with Johzenji. His arms felt sore from all the receives. Legs felt numb from jumping. Knees trembled. Exhaustion. Pleasant exhaustion. "But that means going up the stairs..." he whined closing his eyes. Just a few minutes. Please... Yamaguchi heard light footsteps approaching, before he felt an arm slide under his back and another under his knees.

"Up we go," Terushima lifted him with a smirk.

"Put me down," Yamaguchi drawled without much enthusiasm. He opened one eye and glanced at Terushima.

Older boy laughed, "shall I prepare a bath for you, princess?"

"Special service?" Yamaguchi wiggled his eyebrows, before laughing loudly along with Terushima.

"You wish," Yamaguchi pouted playfully but Terushima felt him relax in his hands. He took boy upstairs and gave clean clothes. "Now go and I'll see what we can have for dinner," Terushima closed the bathroom door and felt his lips stretch in a wide smile. He made his way to the living room downstairs and flopped on the sofa.

Terushima was scrolling through his phone when heard quiet steps approaching. Yamaguchi walked into the room, drying his hair with a towel. Terushima looked him up and down, before smiling, "what you feel like eating? Ramen or maybe udon?"

"Udon," Yamaguchi grinned widely.

"Good," Terushima smiled back, tapping away at his phone, before standing up. He walked up to the doorway, tossing the phone to Yamaguchi, "food should be here soon." Terushima winked and went upstairs.

"Sure," Yamaguchi mumbled more to himself. He sat down on the sofa and waited for Terushima to come back from shower. Older boy's phone buzzed from time to time. Johzenji's chat was filling up with new messages every minute. Is it always like that? Yamaguchi put the phone down and closed his eyes, relaxing to the faint sound of water running in the bathroom. These days should have been hell for him. He learned the sorrow truth about Tsukishima. The person he loved for years. Yamaguchi expected himself being curled up somewhere in the corner of his room and cry emotions out. However these days turned out to be much better with Terushima being around. Could everything be different if I met him earlier?

It was late evening when Terushima put aside his plate, watching Yamaguchi curiously. Boy ate in silence, time to time tugging his hair behind his ear. Terushima arched an eyebrow, when it fell back into it's previous place right away. Yamaguchi scrunched his nose at the ticklish sensation and repeated same action over again. "Your hair grew out a lot," he chuckled and watched the boy nod, "don't wanna try and style it?"

Yamaguchi shook his head, finishing his udon. Boy looked up at Terushima with confusion, "I think I'll just cut it as always."

Terushima rolled his tongue over his upper lip. He wanted to see Yamaguchi try something new. "You can tie it in the back or..." he bit his cheek.

"It's not that I don't want to..." Yamaguchi set his now empty plate aside. He ran his fingers through his hair, feeling soft strands fall to the sides. "Tsukki...never liked that..." he breathed out, his voice quiet. Don't cry. Yamaguchi exhaled heavily. He didn't want to remember him. He didn't want to relieve camp memories again. "He said it looked...weird?" a stray tear slid down his cheek an Yamaguchi brushed it off with his hand chuckling lightly.