Thank you

The rest of the day was nothing like Yamaguchi expected it to be. Tsukishima didn't mention their anniversary even once, which made boy space out a lot and got scolded doing so. He tried to not think about Tsukishima forgetting about anniversary, but deep down inside he guessed that it was the most possible case here. Last hope for him congratulating Yamaguchi disappeared when blonde decided to stay for a late practice with Kuroo and Bokuto, which got longer than boy expected.

Yamaguchi yawned and looked outside. It was getting darker with every minute, however there was no sign of Tsukishima coming back any time soon. A heavy sigh escaped boy's lips, when he checked the time. It's almost time to sleep, how long are they going to practice for...?

His eyes wondered all over the small room, where Sugawara peacefully chatted with Daichi about today's practice, while Kageyama and Hinata were still arguing about taller boy's new sets, sometime's catching third years' attention. Usual trio of Ennoshita, Kinoshita and Narita were quietly chuckling at sleeping Nishinoya with his leg on already snoring Tanaka. Asahi kept Yamaguchi company, sitting beside him and reading a book, while younger boy wrote notes in his little diary.

Everyone looked exhausted, which made Karasuno's team quiet at least once during the day. Isn't Tsukki tired too? He always was the one getting tired first and avoided practicing so much before... Memories of Tsukki leaving early and slacking during their practices suddenly filled Yamaguchi's head. Sometimes it's so hard to understand him. Boy sighed and looked at blonde's Karasuno jersey, hanging on the chair, smiling warmly.

"I should at least give Tsukki his jersey, it's getting colder outside," he mumbled.

Yamaguchi closed his diary and put it in the bag, covering it with some gym clothes. He got up yawning yet again and stretching a little bit.

"Where are you going at this time?" Sugawara looked at freckled boy, tilting his head.

"I'll go bring Tsukki his jersey, don't want him to catch a cold after practice," Yamaguchi  took Tsukishima's jersey and squatted to tie his sneakers. "I'll be right back, don't worry."

"Sure then," setter smiled softly, as he watched freckled boy reply with his usual bright smile and walk out of the room.

Yamaguchi gently closed the door and looked into a long dull hallway. A wave of shiver ran over his body. It definitely got colder. Boy zipped his jersey to warm up a little bit. And why after hot days always come cold nights?  He sighed, continuing to walk. Hallways were empty, however talking and laughing of other teams could occasionally be heard from different rooms. Other than that everything was quiet. It felt like everything was taking a break after a busy day.

Suddenly Yamaguchi's phone buzzed. Boy pulled it out of the pocket and looked at the screen:

1 new message
Teru: Please, don't over-train yourself and take a good rest <3

"Teru..." Yamaguchi felt his cheeks slightly heat up, "caring as always...". He opened the chat and texted a quick 'Sure will, now go to sleep'  back. Did it sound rude?  Boy ran his thinkers through soft hair and sent another message: 'Don't forget that you have practice tomorrow morning <3'

Terushima's reply didn't make Yamaguchi wait long as '<3' appeared on his screen. Freckled boy giggled, with hot cheeks, and put his phone back into the pocket. Yamaguchi turned to the window, when soft moonlight fell on his face. "Thank you, Yuuji," he whispered. Boy looked at his reflection, his fingertips sliding down the cold glass: cheeks were flushed pink and a silly smile on the lips. Maybe one day Tsukki will be this caring too...

Yamaguchi's phone buzzed again, but now only a 'Low Battery: 5% remaining' appeared. Boy clicked his tongue, "I know, I know, I forgot to charge it again, I already saw that," he sighed. "Fine, I should hurry then," Yamaguchi mumbled and picked up his pace.

As boy walked up to gym doors, he saw his boyfriend practicing with Kuroo and Bokuto. Yamaguchi watched them for a minute, amazed by how hard Tsukishima was working. It was unusual. Almost like a dream, which, Yamaguchi thought, never could be true.

"Tsukki!" freckled boy called him softly with a smile.

Blonde glanced at Yamaguchi, when a ball suddenly hit his head. "Shit! What do you want NOW?!" Tsukishima growled and covered the place of impact with his hand.

"S-sorry, Tsukki..." Yamaguchi said quietly, avoiding eye contact with his boyfriend. He didn't need to look at the blonde to tell that Tsukishima now was glaring at him. Freckled boy knew it was his fault, he should have waited a little bit more before disturbing Tsukishima. What's more, he perfectly knew how irritated blonde must be now. Yamaguchi was scared of getting yelled at again if he'll dare to say even a single word. Suddenly Bokuto spoke up:

"My bad, Tsukki!" Fukurodani's ace smiled at angry blonde, trying to ease created tension.

"Don't ever call me that!" Bokuto could swear he saw daggers flying his way from Tsukishima's eyes, when he said it. "Tch, anyway, why did you came here?" blonde asked, turning back to face Yamaguchi.

"Oh...um...sure..." boy's voice was quiet and submissive, "it'll got cold already, so I brought you this." He put black jersey near Tsukishima's water bottle. Yamaguchi's hands were visibly trembling, but he managed to give his boyfriend the warmest smile, in attempt to look less anxious and scared.

Tsukishima clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes, "Is that all?" he asked.

Yamaguchi nodded looking him in the eyes. Boy was desperately trying to catch at least the smallest sign of love or gratefulness in then. However Tsukishima's eyes were ice cold. It almost felt like he wasn't looking at Yamaguchi, but through him, out into the dark of the late evening.

"Let's continue" Tsukishima's indifferent voice broke the silence. But most importantly it broke Yamaguchi's faith in getting a warm 'thank you'.  Blonde walked up to the net, casually clearing his glasses.

Kuroo's eyes met Yamaguchi's dull ones. Boy looked lost and tired. 'It must be hard for you to deal with this cold brat...'  he sighed. Yamaguchi's head dropped onto his chest as if he knew what Nekoma's captain was thinking.

"Thank you for caring, Yamaguchi" Bokuto's voice made freckled boy jerk his head up. It sounded warm and understanding, which made boy feel better at least for a moment. Yamaguchi saw both captains giving him their brightest smiles.

"So cute of you," Kuroo chuckled lightly.

Yamaguchi felt a slight blush appearing on his cheeks, which made him rub the back of his neck, smiling back at both captains. Kuroo saw a barely noticeable spark in freckled boy's eyes. The spark of joy and gratitude. 'I understand what you're longing to get, but sadly I can do nothing,'  he wanted to say, but other words found their way out: "I wish Kenma could be more like him," Nekoma's captain whined jokingly.

"He will, just be patient," Bokuto bumped his friend on a shoulder and laughed, "cheer up bro!"

"Tch, stop all that nonsense and get back to practice," Tsukishima rolled his eyes, taking volleyball and throwing it into them.

"You're no fun, Tsukki," captains pouted jokingly.

"I said don't call me that!" Tsukishima growled back at them.

"I'll better be going then," Yamaguchi giggled and gave them the brightest smile he could, "have fun!"

"Bye!" captains waved, smiling back at the freckled boy.

"Good luck, Yamaguchi," Kuroo said quietly, looking at the closing gym door.

"Thank you..." Yamaguchi smiled with a slight nod, perfectly understanding what Nekoma's captain referred to.