Forever Unfinished

That moment in stories when the wolf in sheep's clothing is revealed is an interesting one. Where the main character realizes who was causing the conflict that they were facing. That stomach dropping feeling that both the reader and the characters share as the climax of the story begins. It's a rush that you, the onlooker gets. On the edge of your seat awaiting to see what happens.

Especially all of the rising action that leads up to that climax, before the protagonist somehow defeats the antagonist or whatever issue that had conflicted them. Then you're met with the falling action, things start to work out before the resolution comes at the very end, everything has been solved, it ends with a happy ending. That is how stories go.

That's how stories should go. Dear reader, you should know now the rules in different books or stories you decide to partake in do not apply here.

-

(Y/n POV)
Adrenaline pumped throughout my body, and exhaustion didn't exist in my panic to reach the button room in time. My mind could barely grasp what exactly was going on, is he even going to be here? A small gasp fell from my lips, followed by my rapid breaths trying to steady my breathing. The room was already open? The room was already open.

Oh god.

There's no way he's actually going to follow through with this.

The final room. There were signs all around on the walls of the uncomfortably small space, collecting a thin blanket of dust. The room's existence itself was dreadful. A last resort, nothing else. If all else failed, this was supposed to be the solution. The plan didn't fail though, we won, L'Manburg was ours again. I don't understand why he would do this.

And there he was. His mind clearly anywhere but here, in this dreadful place. A shiver made it's way slowly along my spine, at the sight of him and the state he was in. Seemingly in a war within his mind. Silent whispers fell from his lips, unintelligible, impossible to hear anything but the air exiting his mouth.

He looked hard at the button. Hatrid spewing from his eyes as the button silently taunted him, and in return receiving a horribly venomous glare. He furrowed his eyebrows at it and raised a shaky hand to it.

"Wilbur no!" I shoved him away from it. He shook himself out of his daze, and his wide eyes met mine.

"Y/n?"

"What are you doing? Are you fucking insane?"

"You don't understand Y/n! I have to do this."

"You don't have to do shit! Why are you doing this to L'Manburg!"

He sighed.

"I should've know from the start the fate of this corrupted place."

"What? Wilbur we won the war! Tubbo is president now. We can go home!"

"This isn't my home anymore Y/n."

He moved to walk around me, I quickly reached for his hand, and yanked his arm, his body turned around to face me again.

"No! Wilbur we're free! L'Manburg is ours, don't do this to me. To us! To our friends! Please!"

"This isn't about that Y/n! None of this is. This is for me. For MY country." His finger stabbed into his chest as he motioned towards himself.

"Your country? Wilbur, why are we not good enough? Why is L'Manburg not good enough? Don't do this. You're hurting me. Stop trying to destroy everything I believe in, and everything I stand for, everything that we've all worked so hard to keep. You're destroying me Wibur.

It's not supposed to be this way. Things are supposed to go back to normal! Tubbo is president! We can be normal again. Just me and you. Please Wil." The tears that fell from my eyes were almost as pathetic as my begs for him to listen. I tugged at his arm.

"I don't mean to hurt you Y/n, but it's so much more than you can understand."

He smiled. My stomach twisted at the sight of it. He's not fucking listening. I huffed, and my mouth opened to counter the bullshit excuse I was just given. He interrupted me before I could get in a word.

"You remember Eret Y/n. Don't you?"

Of course I do, that's a dumb question.

"Yes?"

"The traitor of our group. Well he had a saying, that day he was given said title."

"Wil-"

"He had a saying Y/n."

I'm going be sick.

His arm wrapped around my waist. His hand cupped my cheek. His eyes fell to my lips before they made their way back to gaze upon mine. A silent question, and I answered back. All of our anger, our love, all of our passion was put into the kiss as our lips crashed against one another.

And he pulled away. He pushed me back.

"It was never meant to be."

"NO-"

His fist collided into the button.

The ground rumbled and it grew more violent as the deafening crashes of the tnt came closer. I screamed and was sent tumbling back against the ground. Everything would be gone now.

The smoke polluted the air, my lungs desperately trying to take a breath that wasn't poisoned with the betrayal thick in the atmosphere. The ringing in my ears was impossible to ignore, even after the crashes of the tnt stopped.

I looked to the gaping hole left in the room, smoke cleared just enough so I make out whatever was or wasn't left of my home.

He was on his knees in front of it all. Breathing in the glory of the destruction he created. His eyes still wide with the insanity that surely was suffocating his existence. His body shook with tremors as his teary eyes looked over to mine.

"What have you done?" Shock was the only thing my body could process. A singular tear slid it's way down my cheek.

"MY L'MANBURG! My unfinished symphony, forever unfinished Y/n."

I could only let out a shaky breath of disbelief as a reaction to his words.

"If I can't have it no one can."

Oh my god.

"Y/n kill me." His voice was stern.

"What?"

"Kill me Y/n. Do it."

"No!"

"Look around Y/n! Look at what I've done! They all want you to!"

My head turned back to the horrible sight. Ours friends, their cries and shocked yelling became apparent to me and I looked back to Wilbur.

He shoved a sword into my hand. He pushed the blade's tip up to his chest. I thought about thrusting it through his heart, but I couldn't. I threw the blade across the floor.

"NO! Fuck you Wilbur! I hate you, I hate everything you've done." Everyone had grouped together from across the destroyed land, watching the scene unfold.

"I'm not going to kill you! You don't get to take the easy way out. I can't kill you. I still fucking love you, idiot." His eyes darted around, before they met mine again. He reached towards me.

"No. Fuck you. Fuck you and your fucking unfinished symphony. Sit in the shame of what you've done."

I fled the scene. Leaving everyone in their own states of misery and despair.

A/N
Please vote I crave validation. 🕺