Compassion

Tommy continued to console me before I felt his body tense. He ended the embrace and I saw his eye thin, a nasty glare settled on his face.

"What is he doing here?" I had never seen Tommy get so angry in such a short amount of time. Air blew out of his nose, trying to make his anger more audible I suppose.

"I'm supporting Y/n. Same as you Tommy." Technoblade replied, calamity in his voice.

"Fuck you man. You're a goddamn traitor, don't act like you're some high and mighty saint, because you're not."

Techno glanced at me, and noticed my uneasy posture. I really don't want anyone to fight right now. He seemed to drag his eyes back to Tommy, like the action was a chore. He exhaled roughly, a tired sigh. He turned around and started to leave.

"Wait!" I called to him.

"No we're good Y/n. I just think that Tommy needs more time to cool down, I'll see you." He left before I could say anymore. I turned back to Tommy.

"Y/n what are you doing talking to a traitor?"

"Tommy that's not fair."

"No what's not fair is Tubbo losing a life because of him. He killed him, we all saw it."

"Tommy. You don't get to say that. I care about you and Tubbo so much. I've known Techno for such a long time and yes I hate what he did."

"I would hope so! Y/n he killed my best friend in cold blood. In front of everyone." His voice got quiet on the last word, it was a clear effort to get it out. I saw his bottom lip quiver.

"There's no way he did it without reason though. I'm sorry for what happened to Tubbo and I haven't forgiven or forgotten what Techno did. I really need him right now. Please, I don't have the energy to be mad at him, and I don't have the energy to fight. So please can you at least act civil towards him?" I grabbed his arm gently, it wasn't a demand but merely a request.

His eyes moved around in a clockwise motion, an over-exaggerated eye roll. He huffed out a long breath and pulled his lips into a line. His arms crossed and his weight shifted onto one foot with his hip slightly sticking out. God, he could be so dramatic sometimes. He finally looked into my eyes.

"Do you trust him?"

"I do." I nodded as well.

"Then I'll tolerate that bitch."

I smiled at him.

"Thanks child." I quickly walked away ignoring his gasp. He yelled at me and I only laughed at his response. He's a funny one.

If only good things could last forever. I continued walking, ready to find someone that had taken happiness away from so many. I need closure, I need to be angry at him. I need to see him.