Fading flame

I rubbed my eyes as I awoke from my slumber. I tried to get up but Wil groaned and pulled me back down before burying his face into my neck.

"It's too early." He grumbled into my ear.

"No it's not I have to get up Wilbur." I smiled at him.

He reluctantly let me leave and I went to shower. Wilbur had spent the night as it had been late and I really did not want to be alone after everything that had happened the previous day.

The hot water ran down my body and I recalled everything I had to do today.

It had been a bit since I had visited Tommy, and Tubbo had been meaning to talk to me. Although I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to talk to him. Knowing myself I would do it anyways because I really can't hold a grudge. As much as I want to be mad at Tubbo, I can't really put what he did against him, he was hurting over the pain of missing his best friend and tried to seek revenge through the fall of Technoblade.

I suppose grief works in different ways. My body just shuts down and I find myself freezing up when I'm in those situations .

After getting dressed I said bye to Wil and told him to lock up once he left. It wasn't long before I reached the bench, Tubbo sitting there silently. He was obviously very nervous, as was I.
He took notice of me and quickly stood up to face me, his head tilted up a bit.

"Y/n I'm sorry." Sorry. I had been hearing that a lot these days. Quite frankly it was getting old, how long would I let people hurt me and forgive them after one measly word. It wasn't even Tubbo I'm mad at, I'm frustrated with everything right now and this only piles onto the load I'm carrying.

"Tubbo-" I didn't really know where to start. Even though I wasn't truly angry at the boy, the urge to scream at him and let him know just how much he hurt me didn't go away. Instead I focused on blinking back tears, god I am not going to cry again.

Tubbo's bottom lip quivered a bit and he seemed unsure on how to comfort me. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around me and I instinctively did the same. All previous thoughts of anger quickly expired and I focused on the hurt boy in my arms. After all, wasn't our trauma what brought us all so close together in the first place? Tubbo seemed remember why he asked me to come and broke the embrace.

"Look Y/n I need to talk to you about Wilbur." He lowered himself onto the bench and patted the spot next to him asking me to do the same. I slowly say next to him, nervous to what he was gonna say. His stiff demeanor concerned me, Tubbo didn't usually act like this.

"Okay, what about Wil?" I wrung my hands, anxiety getting the better of me.

"Just hear me out completely before you interupt me." He gave me a sideways glance almost expecting me to argue instantly.

"Fine." My breathing quickened, he was so serious, something I didn't see often. Even during a war, he still managed to find the best in the matter but there was no mistaking the intensity of this situation in his eyes.

"Wilbur isn't good for you."

I opened my mouth to respond but he fixed me with a stare like he was expecting it. Quickly shutting it, I leaned in towards him to let him know that I would listen. He sighed before continuing.

"We're all worried Y/n. You don't really hang out anymore, you stay indoors and spend nights by yourself."

I stayed silent per his request.

"Before you decided to play hero and forgive Wilbur, you'd always be around people. Lately you've around less and less, and Wilbur has been around more."

"So what if I'm hanging out with him?"

"It's not about the time you spend with each other. He's changing you alot Y/n. You used to be so fierce, and while I'll admit you still have that fire to you, it's significantly smaller."

"How?"

He looked at me with an expression that said I should already know.

"Y/n he blew up your home, our home. It seems like you brushed it off, like L'Manburg means nothing to you."

"That's not true."

"That's what everyone thinks." Everyone? Was I the only one who didn't see the problem here? Wil wouldn't hurt me. Again.

"Y/n he made you watch Techno almost get killed. And you walked out of the control room minutes later holding his hand!"

"Technoblade is a bad friend."

"What?" Tubbo was taken aback. Never did he think I would say those words.

"Y/n, Technoblade is a lot of things but a bad friend is not one of them. I may hate the man but I know how much he cares for you. Everyone knows where his loyalty lies and that's with his friends."

"But Wil-"

"This is what I'm talking about! Wilbur is putting these thoughts in your head and I can't stand by and watch anymore."

"What?"

"Look Y/n, you know I love you and I'm not saying you have to break it off with Wil. But stand your ground and know when someone is trying to isolate you. Wil is not good for you. That's all I wanted to say. I'll be at peace knowing that I at least tried."

With that he rose and quickly walked off, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Wilbur couldn't, he wouldn't! Right? I got on my feet and made my way back home, hoping that Wilbur had left by now. I needed to be alone.

3rd person POV:
Y/n got what they wanted, as far as they knew at least. Wilbur hadn't left but instead he was watching them. Mesmorized by their every move, he found himself staying a lot longer than he had planned to.

Y/n found herself exhausted despite the early hours. They found themself unable to fall asleep though, and it wasn't until Wilbur left that they drifted into a much needed slumber.