Trust Broken

(For storyline purposes Phil doesn't live in L'Manburg)

My hand firmly knocked at the thick dark oak wood door of Philza's house. Feet shuffled across the house before they reached the door and I was met face to face with Phil. His eyes widened at the sight of me before softening at the state I was in. I probably looked like a mess.

"Hey mate, need something?"

"Hey Phil, um is Wilbur here?" I peeked over his shoulder, my eyes quickly scanned the room before I looked back to Phil. His lips slightly turned downwards.

"Sorry, you just missed him. He's over in well, what used to be L'Manburg."

I nodded my head at him.

"Okay, thanks. Bye Phil!" I yelled out the last sentence while waving as I had already ran a considerable distance upon hearing his whereabouts. Making my way over to the remains of something that used to mean so much to so many people, I thought about what I might say to him.

My feet seemed to protest the action of walking there as it felt like a great effort to drag my feet over to the horrid destruction of it all. The echoes of everyone's cries seemed to whisper in my ears. The stench of smoke grew stronger, and I realized it wasn't just the aftermath of dynamite.

With a cigarette in his hand, there sat Wilbur on the edge of one of the many holes created from the press of a button. I scrunch my nose at the smell, and the sight.

"That was always a nasty habit." I fiddled with my hands, an anxious fidget.

His head whipped around and he rose to his feet with such a speed I was taken aback. His cigarette dropped to the the ground and his foot landed on top of it before twisting to put out the substance.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?"

"To talk to you Wilbur. What are YOU doing here?"

"I suppose I've come to reflect on past actions." His head lowered, in shame or glory I wasn't sure.

"Why did you do it Wilbur? Was it that hard to obey the wishes of the one person who cared for you and stuck by your side? Or was it all one sided? I bet you didn't care seeing how it was so easy for you to hurt me, and everyone for that matter."

His head shook side to side rapidly.

"No no no no, I never meant to hurt you Y/n. You don't understand."

"Yeah I don't Wilbur, I don't think I'll ever understand what goes on in there." My finger tapped against my forehead.

"It was for the better Y/n, I swear you have to believe me." He stepped towards me, his arms outstretched.

I let out a small gasp and stumbled back, finching away from him. He seemed more taken aback then I was. He looked down at his hands, like he was suddenly disgusted with himself.

"Did you think I was going to hurt you?" His eyes held nothing but pure hurt.

"Wil you already have."

1 year ago

My head laid against Wilbur's chest as I listened to the steady beat of his heart pumping. A comforting noise, knowing he's alive and safe in my arms. I sniffled.

He pulled me up and next to him before burying his nose into my neck. I let out a half hearted protest in return.

"Wil! You're going to get sick, I feel like crap." I sniffled again, trying to prove a point.

"I don't care. I don't get sick."

"Bullshit, everyone gets sick. Even big man Wilbur." I giggled, poking at his stomach after using the name that Tommy had given him.

He grabbed my hand and pinned it above my head, flipping us to where he was hovering above me.

"Even if I do get sick, which I won't, it doesn't matter because it'll be worth it for cuddles."

I scrunch my nose at him before pulling up my elbow to cough into it. He lays back down next to me.

"You are so corny." I tease him. He gasps in mock offense.

"I show my love for you and this is my treatment?"

"Ok fine, I love you." I squinted at him.

"I love you too my dear. I'm always going to keep you safe, I'll never let anyone hurt you." He placed tiny kisses along my nose and cheeks.

"I know Wil." I smile up at him before he attacks me with affection once more.

I just wish I had know that he would be the one to hurt me.

Present Day

Wilbur cringed at the sight of his hands, suddenly disgusted with himself. His head slowly raised back up to look at me.

"Y/n I never meant to hurt you! I love you, oh god what have I done?" His hands gripped at his hair.

"That's what you're upset about? How I feel? You destroyed an entire fucking nation Wilbur. You've created mass destruction but you're worried about how you've also fucked it up with the one person who truly loves you."

"You still love me?"

I rolled my eyes at him, clearly he really didn't care about what I was saying.

"I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop." I crossed my arms, the vulnerability creeping up on me after my confession. His eyes lit up as he moved to hug me.

"Wait." I yelp. He stops.

"I can't help but have love for you Wil. I hate that I can't stop loving you. I don't forgive you, I hate you, you know that?"

He stays silent, his head is facing the ground.

"I can't forgive the things you've done so easily Wilbur. I don't trust you anymore."

"I'll do anything to earn that back Y/n. I love you."

"Well you can start. By helping Tubbo rebuild, though I'm not sure he can even look at you. You made him the damn president after all."

He nodded before walking off, presumably to find Tubbo. I blew out a breath and ran my hand along my face. I started to make my way over to my base and to hopefully find Techno to try and apologize for Tommy's behavior.