The walls

TW: Anxiety/Panic Attack

A silence had fallen over the server over the next couple of weeks. It could have been the shock of the devastation that had just occurred, or it could have been the ringing that lingered in everyone's ears due to the shattering sound of dynamite's path of destruction. The talk of the war had ceased, and everyone kept to themselves.

Alas, the world continues to spin and life continues to move on. Tubbo's loyalty to his country never faltered, and he took it upon himself to rebuild the fallen nation. I joined him, as well as the rest of the citizens, all pitching in to efficiently better the land. Wilbur never showed up, which I had told him to. I don't completely hold it against him though, I would be too ashamed to show my face around all the people I'd hurt.

Tubbo planted down the flag before smiling up at me. I wrapped my arms around him. He hesitantly returned the embrace which made me laugh. I reached to ruffle his hair, before he lightheartedly pushed me away to fix the style.

I felt someone wrap their arms from behind me. Squeezing me in a tight hug, before releasing and their quick footsteps grew quieter with distance. I turned around to see blonde hair quickly turn behind a building. I guess Tommy didn't want to make a long appearance today.

I walked around what was now New L'Manburg. The sun felt like a hug against my skin, the warmth enveloping me in the kind feeling. Everything looked so nice now, and everything felt peaceful. I felt okay. Maybe considering everything that had happened, being content was okay too.

I felt at home.

Then the walls came. The sound of blocks violently shoved into their places had appeared so quickly. Tubbo and I made our way quickly to the man in his green cloak.

"What are you doing?" I pushed him away.

"Don't touch me Y/n. I'm just making sure your little country knows it's boundaries." He continued to cement blocks on top of another. His brows were furrowed and I could feel the anger as he shoved them down over and over around the freshly built nation.

"Why are you doing this? I thought we were fine for once, haven't we been through enough?" Tubbo yelled up at him.

"Ask Tommy." He put the last block down and hopped down the other side and left us in our confusion.

The heavy breaths of Niki and Puffy alerted us of their arrival. Their faces wore panicked expressions.

"What was that about?" I asked the girls still catching their breath from getting here in such a hurry.

They looked at each other before their eyes landed upon us again.

"Um. Well." Niki hesitated saying whatever was in her head.

"Tommy and Ranboo burned down George's house." Puffy said the sentence for Niki.

"What?" Tubbo and I both exclaimed. Tommy's always getting himself into trouble with no regard for the outcome or how it'll affect those around him.

"I don't think it was Tommy who burned it down. They were messing around at first." Niki bit her lip, nervous for what this meant.

"I think Ranboo did the actual act of burning it down." Puffy grabbed my hand in comfort, her thumb ran along the back of my palm.

The air around me felt like it was thickening with my panic. I struggled to pull in shallow breaths and pulled at my collar desperate to fill my lungs. My fingernails dig into my palms before my hands uncurled, only to latch onto my hair. My scalp itched from the strain on my hair from being tugged on and everything around me seemed so far away.

"What's happening?" I could barely make out the panicked voice of Niki. Her concern made me feel worse, I didn't mean to worry them more.

"I think they're having an anxiety attack." Tubbo responded his hand landed on my shoulder in an attempt to ground me.

"How often does this happen? What usually helps her?" Puffy looked to Tubbo.

"I don't know! I don't know! They've never had one in front of me!"

"Ok ok. Y/n, you need to tell us how to help you." Puffy gently gripped my arms, the feather-like touch barely registering in my brain.
"Um. Uh. Wil. Please get Wil." The ugly sobs that followed made my fight for air even harder.

It didn't feel like much time had passed before I was pulled into the familiar embrace of Wil.

"It's okay, I've got them."

"Are you sure?" I could hear the hesitance in Tubbo's voice.

"Yes Tubbo. I've got her." The sound of footsteps fading away was my cue to let out louder sobs.

"Wilbur- the walls he- and tommy just- " I couldn't spit out a full sentence in my distress, only being able to silence my ramble with more sobs.

"Hey look at me." His soft voice was a comfort. I raised my head from his chest.

"You're going to be okay. Tell me five things you can see. Can you do that for me?"

My eyes moved from him to gaze upon my surroundings.

"I see you."

"Mhm what else."

"The sky, the path, the lamppost, and your glasses."

He smirked at me. I love his smile.

"Good, that's really good. Now four things you can feel."

"I can feel your hands," I gave them a squeeze. "I can feel the ground, my jacket, and your hair." I laughed at the last one as I dropped one of his hands to card through his hair.

"You're doing so well, now three things you can hear."

"I can hear your voice, the birds, and the wind."

"It is very windy isn't it? Now two things you can smell."

I pressed back into his chest and inhaled.
"I can smell your cologne and your shampoo."

"And one thing you can taste."

I leaned in. "Your lips." I whispered.

He leaned towards me to let our lips meet. I slid my thumb between our lips before they could touch and gently pushed his face back. I smiled at him.

"I said I can, not I will."

"I wish you would've. But I'm glad you're okay," His forehead fell against my shoulder.

"Thank you Wil."

"Of course love, I'll always be here for you, but you should head home before it gets dark."

"Hmm, I suppose you're right."

"Goodbye Y/n."

"Bye Wil."

Wilbur's POV
Who the hell hurt them?