They all failed him

"Tubbo!" I ran to the startled boy and engulfed him in a hug.

"Oh hey Y/n," his demeanor wasn't as energetic at usual. His smile was forced and his eyes looked so tired.

"What's wrong?" I frowned. Things are really hard for him right now.

"Oh I'm fine really" he tried to look more genuine but he gave up.
"I'm not fine. I'm tired Y/n, Dream is going to continue building the walls if I don't punish Tommy in a way that appeases his standards!"

His voice was shaky and I wrapped my arms around my distraught friend. He squeezed me into the hug, I could tell he really needed one. I felt myself get pissed. Dream was inflicting pain onto all the people I loved. This couldn't go on. We need to give him what he wants. We also need to protect Tommy. I just wish Tommy wasn't making it so hard. He threatened Dream wish his old horse's remains and that was his last chance.

I'm gonna need a plan.
-

"This is incredibly risky Tommy!" Tubbo announced to the rest of the group. Fundy and Quackity were in the room, Quackity keeping an obvious distance from me.

"We know Tubbo, but it's the best plan we've got." I explained to him. He wasn't convinced.

"You all know how much Techno hates government, recruiting him to protect ours doesn't seem likely." Tubbo desperately tried to reason with us but what choice did we have.

"And if Dream keeps holding his power over the server, that's bigger than any government could hold." Tommy said.

"We have to try at the very least." Quackity spoke, more to Tubbo than the rest of us.

"Y/n is good friends with him, she could convince him!" Fundy thought aloud.

"No. I'm the president, I should be the one to recruit him. It's my responsibility."

"Okay, I'll tell Dream when to meet us." I told them. And as quickly as we entered, we exited.
-

3rd person POV:

They all were waiting on the wall, looking carefully for the root of their problems. That cheeky guy who felt he should have all power on the server. The man walked along the wall calmly, with a smug look.

That shouldn't last long. L'Manburg had the one person that could take him down. They had The Blade. They all walked towards him with heads held high, almost tasting the victory that they held. It was only a matter of time.

"So, you've made your decision?" The blonde smiled, flashing his teeth.

"I have," Tubbo's face was hard. He should be happy, no?

"So what's it gonna be?" Dream was too happy. It's not gonna last much longer.

"My decision is, that Tommy will be exiled."

"WHAT?" Y/n yelled.

"That wasn't what we agreed on!" Quackity exclaimed.

"Why do you guys always revert to violence? Teaming with Techno won't do anything for this country." Tubbo was more pissed than anyone.

"Why change now?" Fundy's voiced was filled with confusion and disappointment.

Tubbo looked down. This was so clearly one of the hardest things he had to do.

"My decision is final." He had to look away from them. Especially avoiding that grin that he knew would be on Dream's face.

"What about everything we've been through? What about the discs?" Tommy was on the verge of tears, betrayed by his best friend. Wasn't it his own fault though? Tubbo wouldn't have had to made that decision if Tommy had any respect at all. His chaos finally caught up to him.

"THE DISCS DON'T MATTER TOMMY! They're just music discs! How can you not see that!"

"Tubbo why?" Y/n's voice broke. And maybe that was one of the hardest parts for him, he wasn't just losing Tommy. Y/n would surely resent him after, they all knew how much Tommy meant to her. But in the end it wouldn't matter because Tubbo needed to think about his country.

"Dream please escort Tommy out of L'Manburg." Tubbo's face went hard again.

"Tommy!" Y/n engulfed the blonde in a bone crushing hug and cried into his shoulder. They were overwhelmed by betrayal and shock. They pressed a kiss to his cheek and hesitantly let him go. She hugged Tubbo as Dream escorted him out. As much as they hated his decision, they knew how hard it was for him to make it.

Dream had pushed him to betray his best friend in the world. Sure he was a lot to handle, and yes he cause a hell of a lot of problems but he was a kind soul. Still just a boy, a child who protected those when it came down to it. He didn't have to protect Ranboo. A hard outer shell, but he really only wanted family, people to fall back on. And they failed him. They all failed him, no matter who they want to put the blame on, deep inside they all know they failed him.

And perhaps that was the most painful part of it all. Tommy was not only exiled, but he realized that he was truly alone in this world.