"Are you excited "

Jayden^

An:

The first couple of chapters r bad, but with the advice I got, the latest chapter r better so give this book a chance😅

This chapter is also like a mini intro the the characters so I went extra hard on their backgrounds lol.

Jayden's POV:

I walked into the school building I like to call hell. Me, Leah, Scar, Dom and Kai walk into the building like the main characters in a action flim walking away from a explosion. Ok... maybe that was a little over the top but we look cool.

Busy teens brush against each other in the narrow hallways.

'Ew!' I groan, the start of my day ruined. Leah and Kai laugh. They know how much I HATE being in crowded places. Dom and Scar glance at us but go back to talking secretly. Me and Kai, are holding hands with me scrolling on my phone in my unoccupied hand while Dominic places his arms over Scar and Leah leans on his shoulder.

Leah and Dom are the stereotypical iconic couple in school with me and Kai a very close second. Scar and Dom have been best friends since 7th grade and I'm pretty sure Scar sees Dominic as more than that but I've never commented on that. Leah has told me, jokingly, that Dominic and Scar would be together if they weren't straight.

•••

Me, Kai, and Leah known each other since we were babies. Our parents been best friends since college so it was expected that we'd grew up close. A couple of years before Leah was born her parents moved to the Dominican Republic toreconnect with their culture so they could teach her about her identity but moved back to the U.S so that we could all be together since we were all a couple of months apart. Our parents dreamt of us all being best friends or more than that. Either one worked for them and luckily for them they got both.

When we got to 5th grade me and Kai both realized that we were gay or at least liked guys through a mutual crush on each other but didn't come out and announce that we were together till 9th grade. We got together, officially, around the first month of freshman year since I made this cute scene for him with our family and friends giving him a promise ring.

•••

'It's our 3rd day of being seniors and the teachers are already giving us lectures about homework' I sigh as I'm about to leave my first period class.

•••

Scar is the oldest of the group since they got left back in 5th grade from fights and bad grades. Of course that came with a few bruises and marks; that's how they got their nickname, Scar. Dom and Scar never talk about their middle school life which was always weird to the rest of us.

We're all athletes, so you can assume that we're pretty popular based off of high school cliches. Scar and Leah are both on the basketball team, while I'm on the soccer team and Dom and Kai are on the football team. Being popular sucks when you're a reserved introverted person.

///Time Skip\\\

It's lunch. Yay....

I let out a sigh, wishing the day could be over with so I can hang with Kai after school to maybe...most likely... No, to definitely have sex or something along those lines.

Me and our group, plus some other people from the basketball and football team make our way to our table. Its at the very front of the cafeteria and sometimes we let other kids join us randomly if they don't have a place to sit or they're new. We also don't tolerate bullying. Fights yes, but only when needed. I'm glad my school doesn't have the stereotypical student hierarchy.

"Jay! Are you listening," Kai said, startling me. "Huh? Oh, yea. I was just thinking about something."

"Were you thinking about the senior camping trip?" Kai brought up excitement flowing through his voice. He was like the embodiment of a puppy.

I see myself more as a cat person

"Hell yeah, I cant wait to get away from my parents!" Leah answers for me with so much enthusiasm. "Leah, he didn't ask you, did he?" Dom said with an attitude for some unknown reason. Everyone at the table went silent noticing his remark. It wasn't normal of Dom to act like that since he had a fun, bubbly personality and he calls Leah, 'Lee' or babe. Leah hid most of her feelings from showing on her face but as her true friend i recognized the front she put up. It was also unusual for her cause she would never put up with that type disrespect.

"Uhhh.... yea I guess I'm excited." I answered trying to make it less awkward.

Unfortunately, my attempt at making this less tense didn't work. Dom got up and left as quick as possible, looking at Scar like he was having a silent conversation through their eyes before leaving the double doors. The table and the few around us went silent.

Me, Kai and some of the other confused teenagers kept looking at each other. We were all secretly hoping that someone knew what was up. Leah and the rest of the seniors at the table continued with their lunch.

Scar on the other hand, smirked, as if they were happy about the way their best friend was treating his girlfriend.

Only I saw. I didn't think much of it so I continued with my lunch.
----------------
Info about characters:

Age?
A:
Jayden (17)
Kai (almost 18)
Leah (almost 18)
Dominic (18)
Scar (19)
Jayden is the youngest and Scar is the oldest

Place?
A: Georgia, US (I randomly chose a state)

Race/Ethnicity?
A:
Jayden
Race: biracial- black and yt
Ethnicity: African American

Kai
Race: white
Ethnicity: French and German

Leah
Race:Latina
Ethnicity: Haitian and Dominican

Dominic
Race: White
Ethnicity: just white. American white.

Scar
Race: black
ethnicity: Cuban (afrolatino)

/// Second Authors note\\\
All of the characters have a important parts in this book so I have some chapters that specifically highlight their problems.

Ummmm I hoped u like it since it is my first book. I didn't put any thought into this, I just got bored and created a cover (my current cover is made by Aloha_betch) and started free typing, creating a plan after I finished this chapter. I would also like to say I'm not a writer at all, and I honestly don't think I'm a good one either but it's whatever cause no ones gonna read this anyways😃