20 Years Later

My friends, welcome back!

First of all, happy belated birthday to Mitch! Jerome's is gonna be coming up in a few days! I know they are or will be 21, so this story is now WAY out of context (not really)... But since they're of legal age in the real world, Mitch and Jerome can have alcoholic beverages and their fans won't get upset cause they're no longer underage! Hooray! Again, I'm not a huge fan of Mitch and Jerome anymore, but still...

To be honest, they've done so much better nowadays without the drama from a few months ago. Everything has finally reached its peak. From lots of support of the Pack from the new Artifact SMP to HTM to old friends finally recording with each other again to my life no longer being complete chaos, the beginning of this year has definitely foreshadowed a brighter side.

It's already March and I've done so much... finishing this story (!), having 325 subscribers on the channel, recording YT videos almost every weekend, enduring intense study sessions for the SAT and other big tests, and getting that much closer to my senior year in high school. That just shows the great progress 2015 has to offer.

Enough of my rambling. Let's get down to business (to defeat the Huns... put #Huns in the reviews if you caught this ;D ).

Now, this is the legendary second chapter of Kingdoms Lost you all have been waiting for... If it actually is, I praise you cause this chapter isn't all that special. Well, it kinda is... It comes back into play in the later chapters... so yeah. You probably should read this one.

This chappie introduces our main villain, and the first encounter between... Nope. No spoilers. You gotta read it first.

SotC: Ordinary Day - Vanessa Carlton

Mitch's POV

Twenty years. Almost twenty years stuck in the same terrible situation. Every day they treated me as if I didn't exist. Mitch, clean the bathrooms. Mitch, polish your brother's shoes. Mitch, plant the carrots in the garden. Mitch, cook dinner and don't eat with us because you're obviously not good enough. Mitch, stay in your room while your brother invites his lady friend to the house. Something had to change. With the unexpected deaths of my parents and my 20th birthday right around the corner, I prayed that my older brother could be convinced otherwise.

My family, which included my father, Antvenom, my mother, Grailmore, my brother, Ryan, and I, had a shack-like house on the edge of the town. It was difficult to retrieve everyday necessities, and that's why they said I was around.

On most normal days, my parents were out of the house a lot for business, leaving Ryan and I alone for most of the time. My strong-willed and fierce 23 year-old brother worked in a lumber company, chopping down wood for a living. While Ryan gained strong muscles and the hearts of all the girls in town, I was forced to stay inside and prep the house for his return in the afternoon. When he did return from work, he brought one to three beautiful and rich young women who he picked up in the town square. The girls of course wanted nothing to do with me, otherwise known as the reason Ryan gave me when they eventually left. He traveled to the busy town square each day, finding out the latest gossip or buying expensive materials for himself. I usually overheard the gossip when Ryan least expected, and soon learned his negatory opinion on the royal court. Then he'd yell at me for not getting that night's dinner, demand me to walk to the town square alone, and buy food for him from his favorite market stand. I'd usually snatch a loaf of bread for myself without paying, but no one knew, so I was in the clear. When I would arrived back from the town square, my parents would have gotten home as well. Afterwards, my father, mother, and brother would sit down for the dinner I prepared. Most of the time I got a small portion to take up into the attic, which I used as a bedroom. It had a mattress big enough to fit my body, a scratchy brown blanket, and a hard-as-a-rock pillow. My life wasn't easy, but it was what I was used to. For twenty years, I dealt with the suffering, reminding myself that someone lived worse.