Kingdoms Lost

Ohhh... Kingdoms Lost ay? It's an actual chapter title?! Cause in Chapter 11... a kingdom is... well... lost. Literally.

My cough is not gone yet... So there's been no videos on the YouTube channel since Friday... but whatever. I need to get better or my videos will not be good anyways.

Here's another chapter! Yay! More rivalry between Jerome and Ryan!

SotC: Take Me to Church - Hozier

Jerome's POV

I relaxed on my father's throne as Matt lay on the floor of the throne room, still silent and unconscious. My eyes fluttered close, and I wished I could sleep. I hadn't slept for less than twelve hours, pondering about seeing Mitch again prior to the gala and then worrying about him once it ended. At least fifteen minutes since I returned home from the McNulty house, the corridors of the castle had been dead silent, making me a bit cautious about our situation. No guards were around... I hadn't seen my parents since before the party... Ryan hadn't appeared at the doorsteps again... Knowing Ryan McNulty for the short time he was at the gala, I could tell he was out for revenge against Mitch, Matt, and I. There could be major consequences for at least our end...

Annoyed and determined to get back to Mitch, I leapt off the throne and knelt down next to Matt's side, shaking him softly. No response. I grumbled. "You little piece of... MATT."

He groaned slightly. I shook him with all the might I could.

"Matt... wake up... come on... wake up already!"

My friend yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Ugh... Jerome... what the Nether just happened back there...?"

"Ryan knocked you out," I replied blatantly.

"Dammit!" Matt groaned. "I knew I shouldn't have done that stupid stunt..."

"But at least we know Mitch isn't with him!" I cracked a grin. He replied with a deathly glare. I pouted. "Okay... sorry."

He chuckled to himself. "Hey, that's the first apology I've gotten since I've met you!"

"Very funny. Ha ha." I shook my head in disbelief. "No it isn't."

"I won't expect that often then."

I rolled my eyes. "No one should be bothering us now. The gala is done for, everyone's gone, my dad and mom are upstairs, probably protecting themselves from possible intruders..."

"Why aren't we upstairs?"

"I couldn't carry you... and there's no guards around so..."

"No guards?!" Matt interrupted, clearly upset. "I'll have to talk some sense into those fools when I get the chance."

"I'm not quite sure you'll get that chance, Matthew Nucciarone. Or should I say Kenny Worth? The man who I learned has never liked sugar cane? And actually does know about my relation to Mitch."

"What... rel-rela-ation?" Matt gasped and sat up as Ryan stormed into the throne, followed by over 50 dangerous looking young men. I gulped. "I-I c-could've s-sworn..."

"Top of the morning, sirs..." I gritted my teeth together, elbowing Matt to stop talking.

"It's already late in the evening," Matt whispered, pretending to become his old normal self. "Why are you referring to the morning?"

I suspended my train of thought. "Top of the evening!"

"That's more like it."

"Don't you try anything, your highness," another man beside Ryan shouted sarcastically, "Cause we have something we know you desire the most..."