Lady Natalie

I'm kinda in a rush to write this AN, so I'm not really gonna make one.

Just make sure to watch the recent videos on my YouTube channel and follow me on Twitter and Instagram.

Enjoy Chapter 4 of Kingdoms Lost! New characters introduced and bonds possibly broken.

SotC: Out of Sight - Alexx Calise

Mitch's POV

There were only two days until Jerome's party and all I could think of was meeting him again. I thought of the way he made me feel belonged, his hair blowing perfectly in the wind, and the reaction people had upon seeing him. Jerome seemed like the knight every damsel in distress waited for. However, there were many questions in my mind that kept me awake at night. Maybe Jerome didn't feel the same way about me. Maybe he was to be married… or already married. Maybe he would want to continue his life without me, which I understood. After all, I was only a peasant he met in the marketplace. I was no one special, and constantly felt as if I shouldn't go to the gala. However, I reminded myself that Jerome saved me from humiliation and a lifetime locked up in a prison cell. Plus I could finally participate in a fun city event, which I'd never done before. It would be an event Ryan would definitely not know I attended or attend himself.

Of course I hadn't told Ryan about the incident from a week prior. He obviously didn't need to know about everything in my life, even though he sometimes demanded me to. As time passed since the funeral, Ryan grew colder, ignored me for days at a time, and treated me worse than usual. With the little faith I had left in my brother, I decided I would change my mind entirely and not go to the gala. On the evening of the party, I planned to rekindle my relationship with Ryan. I wasn't sure if it would work as expected, but I hoped for the best.

Three nights before the gala, Ryan hosted a gathering at the house with a few of his work friends. He locked the trap door up to the attic while I was busy, so I found a clip to unlock the door. I ended up overhearing the conversation during his gathering. Ryan declared freedom, democracy, and the disintegration of royalty. When he found out I was listening, Ryan purposefully spilled his drink all over the wooden floor without acknowledging me, calling it an accident. He understood we lived in an old building, yet he knew I would have to clean it anyways. So, after I finished my other chores the next morning, which took up most of my day, I spent from more than five hours washing the floor. My knees rubbed on the floor, my back was hunched over to see my work, a dirty sponge in my right hand scrubbing furiously on the ground, and tied around my waist, a stained off-white apron covered my jeans. My pale skin was sticky and red from the sudden humidity, while my hair laid itself flat from the heat.

"Lady Zombi!" Ryan suddenly yelled, "It's the house right over here."

"Oh!" A piercing female voice rang from outside.

Hearing the voices, I leapt up to my feet, left the supplies on the floor, and raced behind a wall. Ryan would get angry if he noticed I'd interrupted his "meetings" with the elegant bachelorettes of King Aceti's royal court, so I tried to keep out of his way.

Ryan opened the door for Lady Zombi, a girl with bright blue eyes, light skin, and shoulder-length pink hair with the tips dyed neon blue laid out on one shoulder. I knew her face from the times I'd traveled to the marketplace. The ladies of the Aceti court, including Natalie Zombi, would gossip about the latest news or flirt with men like Ryan. She lifted her purple ruffle dress, stepped inside the entry room, and investigated her surroundings. Natalie walked towards a shelf where pictures of Ryan stood, and wiped a line of dust off the shelf, glaring at it disgustedly.

"Ryan… it's a shack… I thought you owned 300 million gold coins." She stared at the dust, and slipped out a clean white handkerchief. She wiped excess dust off her finger.