The Gala

Nothing much has happened in the past few days. I've been writing Minecraft parodies and waiting to post this, but otherwise, I've got nothing.

Enjoy Chapter 8 of Kingdoms Lost! It's a good one!

SotC: Demons - Imagine Dragons

Jerome's POV

I thought that my 20th birthday was going to be the most interesting night of my life. I was dang right, but not in a good way.

While walking into the ballroom, I occasionally glanced over towards Mitch, who awed at the interior of the castle beside me. I realized how much Mitch had gone through that night, so I attempted to cheer him up. "Why don't you get something to eat? You look like you're starved."

"Okay…" Mitch responded. He started backward-walking away from me. "Do you want anything?"

"I'm fine right now."

"Suit yourself. I'll be back." I watched Mitch smirk, turn around, and stroll off near the table piled up with trays of authentic Star City cuisine.

After hearing a male voice purposefully cough into my ear, I jumped and faced Matt, who shuffled next to me. He grinned, and found me staring at Mitch.

"So, this Mitch guy… actually came for you?" He seemed more surprised than I'd expected.

"Yeah," I paused, taking in the circumstances, "He came for me."

"This kid really likes you, doesn't he?"

I nodded. "He told me he loved me."

"Congrats. I was wrong." Matt folded his arms.

"Wrong about what?" I gazed towards my advisor, confused.

"You got upset last week when I told you that your obsession was irresponsible for a King-to-be."

"You never said that…" I raised my eyebrow.

"Well, I was thinking it!" Matt chuckled, but quickly appeared genuine. "But… I'm sorry. I apologize. And Mitch seems like a good guy. Of course I'd need to spend a little one-on-one time with him…"

I interrupted him. "Don't you dare try to steal my man."

Matt burst out laughing, his grin taking over his face. "Now you're claiming ownership over the poor boy?! I definitely feel sorry for him."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I queried.

"You're a very clingy person." Matt stopped and contemplated his choice of wording. "That's what I mean."

I peek over at Mitch again, who spoke to one of the waitress at the food table. He seemed confused, but I knew he'd never been served by someone else, so I didn't mention anything. Never… never… existed… myth… That's when I remembered that important topic matter that Matt skipped over deliberately. "Matt, tell me about him."

"I don't know anything about your boyfriend!" He joked as his head twisted slightly to look at me.

I gaped my mouth open and gently slapped Matt on the arm. "He's not my boyfriend… uh…" I shook my head and returned to my real purpose. "I meant whoever you were talking about last week."

"What?"

"When we were in the kitchen and I had first met Mitch… you talked about someone..."

"Yeah?"

"You mentioned there was another person in Star City with the same birthday as me. You said he or she was only a myth."

"What about 'em?" Matt was trying to avoid my request once more.