Reunion

So I am able to update Kingdoms Lost! Yay! You get a chapter today!

I'm hoping to write a one-shot this weekend and post it when I can cause I have time to make one.

This is pretty much the calm before the storm.

SotC: The Scientist - Coldplay

Mitch's POV

It was finally time to go home.

I had a great time hanging out with the Pack, but I couldn't stay with them even if I wanted to. Jerome meant too much to me, and I couldn't let him down by leaving forever. While I sang "Endstone," I remembered why I fell in love with him in the first place. My song had actually been about Jerome, but I hadn't even known the prince when I wrote it. I came to one simple conclusion for this circumstance: fate.

Late during that dark night, I stood at the doorway of the house, Rob's black cape hanging over my shoulders. Since I would be recognized easier in my blood red cape, he forced me to keep his for safety reasons. I denied his request several times, but eventually I gave in. I also still had my gala suit on, so it wouldn't be too easy to escape if I got caught by Ryan. Disguising myself would be the most effective answer. Still, I hadn't mentioned anything about my past, and no one besides Preston asked about it.

Rob shook my hand. "Thanks for helping us out, Mitch. We haven't had this much entertainment since... Pete arrived." Pete smirked, proud to have been the center of attention.

Lachlan's jaw dropped. "Hey! You didn't have fun when Vik and I hosted that horse competition?!" he exclaimed, a bit upset.

"Didn't say that." Rob burst out in laughter, shaking his head.

"Uh huh!"

I chuckled, halting Lachlan's one-sided debate. "Thank you for letting me stay, but I really have to go. I left a bad situation at home and it's my job to fix it."

"What issues?" Preston questioned, being nosy around me as usual.

"Stuff that shouldn't have occurred if I wasn't caught in the marketplace..." I stated, but stopped talking as soon as I realized I'd revealed too much about myself. "Never mind."

"You shouldn't have to fix issues that aren't your fault," Rob told me.

I crossed my arms, the seams of the cape falling behind my biceps. "It is my fault though. I'm crazy in love with someone I can't be with... And my brother..." There was only one word to describe Ryan. "My brother is straight-up insane..."

Vik, who reading a current newspaper in the dining room, interrupted my conversation. He looked up from his paper and cleared his throat. Every head in the room turned in his direction. "You're from Star City, right?"

"Yeah..." I answered hesitantly.

"Well, bad news," Vik sighed. I gulped, slightly expecting someone to be dead because of me. "The king... has just been overthrown and killed."

"What about the prince?!" I exclaimed, worried about Jerome.

"Uh... I don't know... There's nothing in here about a prince..."

I took a breath of relief, but something in the back of my mind reminded me that he wasn't close to safe from the enemies who took over Star City.

"But there's some new ruler... King McNulty? McNulty. Ring a bell?"

I paused, pouted my lips in anger, and covered my entire face with the palms of my hands.

"What?" Pete questioned, "Do you know this McNulty guy?"