Kingdoms Found

HEY GUYS LISTEN UP THIS ISN'T THE FINALE! THERE'S A CONCLUSION WHICH MEANS ONE MORE CHAPTER! :O

I LIED THIS ENTIRE TIME! THERE IS ACTUALLY 15 CHAPTERS!

So I had my school's career day today and I might have lots of big opportunities coming up. Fingers crossed that everything goes to plan. Only luck will guide my way now.

Anyways, enjoy Chapter 14 of Kingdoms Lost!

SotC: I Don't Wanna Love Somebody Else - A Great Big World

Mitch's POV

Jerome nodded. "It's all over," He then whispered, wrapping his arms around my torso. "It's all over."

"I'm sorry," I told him, embracing his gracious hug.

"Don't apologize. You did what you had to… I'm sorry…"

I shook my head in disbelief. "You did nothing wrong!"

Jerome mumbled to himself but loud enough for me to hear. "I handed over my father's kingdom to a man who threatened to kill you…"

"Ryan was a douche. But remember it's not your dad's kingdom anymore. It's yours."

"Oh. Yeah. I'm King now," he replied hesitantly.

"You're ready," I assured the former prince.

"But…" He glanced away, but still held my hands in his. "It shouldn't have ended like this… You should've been with me since we were little… and I shouldn't have become King at only 20 years old…"

"It's just the way life is. I learned that the hard way."

By this time, the confused rebels had shuffled out of the castle and back onto the streets. These young men were only attached to Ryan because they thought he would succeed. Once my fake brother killed himself and ultimately failed, his once loyal followers left and began to start their own lives. They all had bright futures, and I knew at least some were more scared of Ryan than supportive of his monarchial ideas.

Meanwhile, Matt, who had just gotten up from the ground of the tower, looked towards Jerome and I. He coughed loudly, distracting Jerome from his train of thought. "Jerome… your mom."

Jerome's jaw dropped in shock. "Oh my gawd! Come on, Mitch! We've gotta make sure that my mom and Lady Elizabeth are okay!" He hurried past and met up with Matt. The two ran for the staircase leading to the castle interior.

"Who's Elizabeth?" I stopped in my tracks to thoroughly inspect the name I'd just heard. However, Jerome and Matt had already run downstairs to search for the queen and her lady.

I eventually joined them in the hallway, listening nervously to shouts of names as if these women had vanished from thin air. In retrospect, they had. "Mom?! Lady Elizabeth?!" Jerome anxiously yelled while running down the empty castle corridors, hoping to find his parent. If he had lost two family members in the same day, I would've felt extremely sorry for him. Quickly losing hope, Jerome turned towards Matt and almost burst into tears. "They're gone!"

"They're not gone. They're probably just hiding…" Matt guessed as calmly as he could, continuing to open doors and cabinets accessible to a human. "Your highness?!"

Being the brave soul I was, I sneaked around the corner from Jerome and Matt, trailing a dark and abandoned hallway. It seemed a bit too quiet for my liking. However, I walked forward anyway, despite my gut feeling to turn back.

"Jennifer!" I heard an unfamiliar woman's voice whisper, "Come over here…" Once I stepped forward onto the creaking floorboard, the voice silenced.