chapter 3

(Tae)

Opening my eyes my sight was blurry, rubbing my eyes I realised I was in my room in Amity… so this all happened huh. I was hoping it was all just a dream but I guess it wasn’t a dream but reality. The bed rocked a little and arms wrapped themselves around me, I knew it was Jongin; he was always a hugger ever since we were little. It’s too hot in here I need fresh air.

Carefully trying to pull Jongin’s arms of death off from me trying not to wake him up… I failed miserably. He’s eyes shot right open and moaned softly stretching his muscles but hissing a little quickly placing his hands on his chest.

“Morning Jongin,” I spoke and he turned to me and beamed happily.

“Morning Tae, it’s too hot in here,” he groans pulling his shirt trying to take it off. I quickly pulled his shirt down and pulled the covers off.

“Keep your shirt on you, the bandages don’t help you to stay cool, let’s go outside or something,” I got out of bed holding onto the bed post trying to stay up, Jongin get up and opens the door. Damn I forgot about my leg and my inability to walk. In seconds Jongin wrapped my arm around his shoulder and placed his other hand around my waist. “Thank you.”

“No problem come on I wanna get out,” Jongin whines walking out the room with me hopping out next to him. Walking outside we sat under the veranda covered in flowers and had cushions to sit on. When we just sat down Tao came out of nowhere and sat down with us looking very confused and looked like he was lost in thought. Jongin took out two bottles of water and I took one drinking the fresh water, it felt really nice.

“Tao um are you ok?” I asked him when I stopped drinking but then took another sip; he turned to me.

“Um Tae… is it normal to place a gun in your underwear?” I spat my drink all over the two and Jongin began choking on the water soon he began to breathe normally and he just stared at Tao with his mouth wide open.

“U-m w-w-why do you think it’s n-ormal to put your gun in you-r underwear?” I stuttered messing my sentence at the same time. He isn’t serious right? He couldn’t think that you’d do something so silly and gross!

“Well Kris… I was going to sleep with him because he was refusing to sleep and soon when I hopped in I felt something… hard against me and he told me he had placed his gun inside this underwear but then he went to the bathroom… I never heard or seen such a thing even in dauntless… so I went to ask you both. I guess Kris is just being weird?” Tao looked down thinking hard. Kris having a gun in his underwear; that can’t be it I mean even Kris isn’t that stupid to do something so weird… he must have been aroused by Tao so I was right he does love Tao!

“I think I know the problem,” Jongin starts and I gave him a look signalling him to shut up! But that didn’t work at all since his mouth ran like the wind. “Kris wants the D,” Jongin spoke clicking his tongue skilfully.

“The D?” Tao questioned and before I could speak Jongin spoke again.

“The ‘d’ is the dick meaning Kris wants your dick innocent panda,” Jongin laughed, me trying to protect Tao’s innocence I pounced onto Jongin and covered his mouth preventing him to speak any more! A wet thing started wetting my hand and I took it off growling at Jongin, gross! He licked me!

“Looks like we found you both,” turning around I saw Minho and Kyungsoo puffing a little, sweat fell down Minho’s forehead man he looked hot like that. Minho came next to me and lifted me up. “Come on I have to take you back before your mother flips it and also because we have someone who helps run Amity with your mother, she needs to agree and set rules for us to stay here,” Minho gave a little bit of a worried look, he looks like he isn’t too happy with the rules that would be invented for us.

“Aw rules come on!” a slap was heard and Jongin groaned, Kyungsoo had done so clearly not because he was annoyed just was very worried of Jongin’s whereabouts. Soon we were in the lounge room and a lady came out and I recognised it was Dara, she was a really nice person who was loved by all but she takes her job very seriously and many respect her for that but my mother is not that strict so Dara does help being strict for the faction.

“Welcome everyone my name is Dara and I am here to get some information and set rules. So what faction are you all in?” she questioned.

“Charisma, Key, Amber, Kyungsoo, Jongin and I are from dauntless. My brother is from Erudite,” I answered the question for all of us and this made her face darken a little. She began to panic.

“We can’t have anyone from dauntless especially hearing they had killed almost everyone in abnegation and Erudite behind the plan with the fight, the two factions we are trying to avoid!”

My mother came into it and tried to calm her down. “Please Dara let them stay they are good kids. I don’t want to send my sons sent away again please! And the others are very helpful they aren’t doing anything harmful,” my mother pleaded and Dara sighed placing her hands on her hips.

“Ok fine they can stay but if dauntless find you here then we have nothing to do with it. Rules: you all from dauntless must hand over your guns and anything likes knifes, grenades anything that is a weapon,” she started and took a basket out and placed it on the table. We all looked at each other and placed our guns inside but I couldn’t help but place one of my guns under my shirt trying to make sure it stays up.

“I am going to miss you my lovely,” Amber dramatically began kissing her knife then placed it in the basket, she really loves her weapons.

“Ok now rule two: changing from your factions clothes and into ours so you all blend in, just in case when dauntless or erudite come to pick supplies for their faction they don’t see you as one of them  but as one of us. Rule 3: Doing work like we all do unless you are the tree (Kris), twinkle toes (Kai) or baby face (me) you all got to pull your weight around now do I make myself clear?” she asked us and we all nod seeing her walk out of the room.

My mother came out with the clothes and the work for the non-injured selves. I heard Kris growl softly; not surprising there. “She did not just call me a tree,” he glared at the empty space Dara used to stand before at.

“Aw is the tree angry aw you want a lollipop to make you feel better?” Key acted like a little kid who ticked off Kris even more, I tried to signal him to stop but he was ignoring me… why is everyone ignoring me!? Kris began to walk towards Key stomping along the way, my eyes travelled and saw Jongin whispering something in Tao’s ear… this can’t be good please don’t tell him something stupid!

Tao began walking and stopped in front of Kris; Kris stopped and tried to move Tao out of the way. “Out of my way he is going to be dead when I get my hands on him!”

“Ew why would I want your ugly man hands on me, I am clean I don’t need something dirty touching me!” Key smirked and Kris fisted his hands together, this is going to be messy!

“Why you little!” before Kris could finish, Tao had leaned up towards and kissed Kris on the lips… the silence was intense afterwards let me tell you that.