chapter 10

(Candor headquarters) – Yixing’s Pov

I was tired and puffed out from all this walking and running. I could have stayed at Amity if I didn’t accidently steal a torch from Erudite. I never had seen one before so I wanted a closer look… Krystal told me she’d kill me the next time she saw me for being a thief… I couldn’t stay there in case she actually was telling the truth.

I was used to the running and walking now but I still couldn’t be like the other three who were almost a km away. Candor headquarters finally stood in front of me and I smiled remembering when I was young I used to play with the leader’s son. We soon had feelings for each other but… then his father said he couldn’t talk to anyone who would affect his learning to be the new leader of Candor.

A group of dauntless survivors ran outside and hugged the three happily. They were happy they were alive, I felt a little lonely but I knew it was because I didn’t belong to dauntless. But suddenly Candor soldiers grabbed my hands binding them together along with Amber. What was going on?!

Guns pointed to both Minho and Tae, they all held their guard up with those two. “What is going on?” Tae asked the guards.

“Are you armed?” they asked the two. Minho rolled his eyes annoyed.

“Well of course we would we are dauntless!” the guards began to close in taking their weapons away from them. Guns jabbing into my back I was taken along with them to the top where the leader of Candor would be at. That old man… I am not pleased to see him again.

“Please come in,” a voice called out behind the big doors. They opened and we were all placed in front of a big desk. “Hm so Charisma and Tae you have come. Who are you two?” he questioned us. Amber looked up struggling to get out.

“Amber,” she gave in pouting biting her cheek. He looked to me I presumed and I lifted my head up, my heart fluttered seeing who it was.

“J-oonMyun,” I whispered softly. He walked to me and hugged me happily.

“Yixing it’s been too long!” he happily replied in a well-mannered form. “Let this one go.” I was let free and he took me to stand next to him. “We are authorised to bring you to Erudite if found, you are wanted for conspiring with the system.”

“What! No we can’t go there Krystal would kill us!” Tae argued. Anger for the first time built up inside of me, the amity side of me was changing I could feel it.

“Krystal would do no such thing; she will take you to trial and there on you will be chosen your punishment.”

“No Erudite wants to start a war! Krystal wants us dead because we stopped her with her plans! Look let us do the Candor trial instead and if we aren’t guilty you would have saved two lives. If were guilty then you can take us to Erudite,” Minho persuaded, hoping to make a deal. I pulled onto Joonmyun’s shirt bringing his attention to me.

“Joonmyun they aren’t bad people I have been travelling with them and I know how Krystal is! Please you don’t need to have them in court,” I begged him; his eyes wavered but went back to his strong self.