Chapter 16

(Jongin)

Okay all clear. I quietly run up the next pair of stairs to the next floor keeping watch in case the enemy might be around. I have to stay quiet at all times that will keep my chances of getting caught decrease.

"Did you find him already?!" a shout ran loudly in my ears making me cringe. "You are taking forever!"

"Shut up Minho!" I could hear Jonghyun tell him off. Geez do they have to be so loud at this moment?!

"Don't tell me what to do shorty!"

"Why you alien bastard ow!"

"You two shut up! Jongin needs to not get caught or have you two idiots forgotten that?!" Key's voice boomed through the speakers which made me hear nothing but silence... oh thank god for that. Looking to my left then right I sped up another pair of stairs the level of Erudite cellars were. Hearing noises I hid behind the wall and peaked a little to see a stretcher that was covered with two Erudite people and one being Jinki... did he really run away to be with Erudite?

Growling inside I ran full blast to the two grabbing one of them and knocking him unconscious and ran for Jinki who raised his hands up quickly. "Stop Jongin wait I need to explain something!" he shouted to me which made me growl and stop... did I listen because he was my best friend's brother? 

"What do you want traitor?" I hissed with venom like tone towards him. He hesitated and took a step back in response. I could hear his heartbeat rise from where I was. My eyes looked to the sheets and I now just noticed a hand dangling from the covered stretcher, who was it? "Look before you freak out on me I had to do this for his safety." My eyes widened knowing who he meant.

"You did what?" I turned around to see Minho stomping loudly towards us and his eyes didn't look away from the covered stretcher. His shadow covered the sheets and slowly he pulled off the white sheet to see Taemin's lifeless face. Anger built up inside of me seeing my best friend dead in front of me. His own damn brother did this to him?! Staring deeply into Jinki's eyes I walked to him and grabbed his collar pushing him to the wall.

"You killed Taemin?!" I roared at him he tried to pull my hands off his collar but he was weaker to do so. "You are his damn brother Jinki! How could you even think of killing him?!"

"No you don't understand! I didn't kill him!" he opposed in response.

(Minho)

Placing my head to Taemin's heart I couldn't hear anything at all. His warm skin is ice cold and I knew that he was indeed dead. My heart broke and I cried softly in his chest, his shirt soaking up my tears. I have failed, he is dead so what am I now? What do I do? I can't live without him.

Lifting my head I stared at his eyes, his lips and his skin tone how blue they have already become. Leaning down I gave one last kiss to him wanting to remember what they felt like for the last time. What I didn't expect was... a response. My eyes opened to see another pair of eyes look to me with wide brown curious eyes. Pulling away I grabbed his cheeks and rubbed them with my thumb.

"Y-ou're alive? Is t-his a dream?" I stuttered in complete shock. His eyes creased a little hurt probably with what I said and sat up hugging me tightly.

"No I am not dead I am here," he replied smiling with tears in his eyes rubbing his head on my shoulder. "You are here I missed you so much! I am so sorry I didn't mean to run away I thought I was doing the right thing and." I cut him off with a peck on his lips.

"Look don't think of this anymore ok all we have to do now is get out of here," I tell him reassuring him. looking behind us I looked to see Jongin shocked seeing his friend alive with a relieved Jinki besides him.

(Tae)

I am glad that he was here to save me and was going to follow him when something clicked. That box, it needs to be opened if that's what inside. Knowing why we are here and our existence is really useful material to know. I had to open it if it's the last thing I have to do.

"No I have to do something before we can leave," I tell him in which he gave me a what the hell look in response.

"What no Tae you basically were put in a fake death by Jinki so you can get out of here. Not to stay here and do something!" Minho argued. I stood up and stared at the three.

"Look I have to open that box, even if it's the last thing I do I really need that open. I don't care what you all are thinking right now but I know what I have to do. It's up to you three if you want to follow me or not," I gave them all a serious look. They looked to each other and nodded.

"Okay then we will follow but Jongin give the signal now. While we follow you we have our people fighting Erudite to destroy everything," Minho ordered to Jongin who nodded and brought his speaker out.

"Everyone I give the order for you all to fight. Make sure nothing can be used and take over Erudite!" Jongin demanded; I could hear cheers from outside and the army of people coming out of their hiding places. Taking this moment I began to run down the hallway towards the room. Finding Krystal and her staff there all shocked to see us. Running into the room with Minho he shut the door from the inside and I ran to the circle.

"Jinki!" I shouted and he nodded avoiding Krystal he slammed the button down and I was pierced with the wires into my body. Lifting me up I looked to Minho and nodded. "Make sure no one comes inside."

"You bet, good luck Tae," he winked at me and I turned my head looking into Krystal's eyes smirking. Feeling sleep take over me I was taken into the simulation.

~~~~~~

This is the second last chapter. Next is the last one ^^ Hope you liked what you read so far :3