Chapter 14

(Tae)

I opened my eyes and my surroundings was an alley way; it was pretty dark giving it an eerie feeling. One step I felt something under my foot and I saw it was a gun which was loaded. Bending down I picked up the gun to then be slammed behind my head making me fall to the floor. Glass cut my forehead but I didn't scream as my lips bled from the pressure when I bit into it. I rolled around to my back to see a group of 5 men; masked in black with bandages wrapped around their fists.

The man who I presumed hit me, he was going for another go but I knew... this was a test and I had to do this by how a normal person would do it. This has to be dauntless simulation; it was a test of survival and strength. Back to reality I pointed the gun at the man and clenched my eyes as I took the shot. Blood splatted on my cheek which internally I wanted to barf.

Opening my eyes I saw my piece of work; the man's face had a hole embedded in his forehead. Lifeless on the floor made the other 4 members angry; I had to think and fight. Flipping backwards I ignored the glass that slipped into my palms and brought gun up to the 4 men. It was kicked out of my hand I watched as it slipped away from me. Distracted a foot came in contact with my cheek, my back hits the brick wall hard tears wanting to fall.

My gut was battered next thing I knew I coughed up blood which painted my lips. Was I just going to give up so easily? This is probably just been me all this time... I was always the weakest compared to the others when it came to strength so maybe I did deserve this. 'Tae what are you doing? Don't just stand there' a voice boomed in my head. That voice... how I missed it so much. I thought it wouldn't appear after the stunt I pulled by sneaking out. There I saw Minho armed and ready, beside him was Jongin and also Amber. What are you doing here I wondered to myself. Amber's hand rested on my shoulder and Jongin smiled at me sweetly like he always does. I looked up to Minho and he gave me a serious look. 'We are going to bring you back, be strong while we get you back' he spoke my eyes widened and I shook my head.

They couldn't do that... I ran away to protect them if they come they will probably be killed by Erudite guards. 'But' again I looked up at him; he brought his finger to my forehead and pressed lightly on my cut which I still hissed in response. 'You need a little help while we come for you it seems' light shone around me and I felt myself heal my cuts closed up... what was happening?! 'Let me help you' before I could ask what he meant Amber and Jongin disappeared and I was back at the scene but this time fully healed and I glanced to Minho who was next to me staring angrily at the men in front of me. time resumed and I grabbed the man's fist before it came in contact with me and I raised my leg up kicking him in the face making him fall onto the floor unconsciously. Turning around the other 3 came at me.

'Let's get them together Tae' nodding smirking I ran to them and in time with Minho we punched one by one down until there were none left standing. Catching my breath I smiled staring to Minho happily... I am happy to have Minho here with me... even if it's just my imagination I feel like he really is here with me. It means I can never forget about him he has taken a whole part of my heart and that made me much stronger. Next simulation I'm ready.

(Krystal)

Watching Taemin getting clobbered to winning marked my suspicions... either he was just really lucky and got his act together or... that's what the problem...was I didn't know what else it could have been but I knew that this hadn't happened to the other divergent I had used. I guess I shouldn't care as long as he can open that box I don't really care if he even died in the process.

"Mam dauntless simulations complete," staff member spoke. I looked to the same staff member.

"How is he going?" I asked him. He looked to the computer.

"His pulse is still high and alright but his pulse has dropped about 10. That beating in the simulation had cost him a little bit but it is still a bad hit." Hm that's not good but he is still able to continue... he just needs to complete 4 other simulations and it's done.

"Bring in the next round," I ordered. Taking a sip of my tea I stared at him, how his face twitched and how the light shone on his beautiful features... I stand corrected he mustn't die, he is mine.

(Tae)

It was a different scene and the hand that was around my own tightened a little. I was now staring at my own self... but that wasn't me it was smirking and chuckling.

"W-ho are you?" I shakily spoke. His eyes darkened and he laughed more. His finger touched his own eye and slid down to his tongue.

"I am you Taemin, I am the true you," he spoke back. The true self? "I am the one who knows your pain very well I have been there with you since the day you were forming inside your mother's womb. I know the harshness you had to go through... that we had to go through. I have always been inside of you as I watched your weak shy self-run free."

"Shut up," Minho growled and stood next to me. "You aren't Taemin you are just some fake," he spat at him. The so called me face changed, he was angry especially when he saw Minho.

"No you shut up you asshole. It was you since you came into Taemin's life made him rise where as I watched from the shadows. Thanks to you I was all alone. I remember before you came into our life how I would give him the thoughts of suicide as we never felt as we belonged in Amity, remember those days Taemin?"

My eyes widened shocked to how he knew... he was really me. I was really someone who had dark thoughts when times were hard and confusing for me. "You're really me."

"Yes but even though you're me I hate you I want you to just rot in hell," his venomous voice send shivers down my spine and fear rose inside of me. "You left me alone to just sit in the shadows while you enjoyed being in everyone else's company. I am nothing but just a speck of your existence as long as your happy you don't really care what happens to me!" he ran at me to send a fist at me brazing myself with my own hands it wasn't needed as Minho held him down.

"Bastard get lost," Minho growled at the doper ganger. The doper ganger seemed to only become worse as in less than a second...Minho disappeared. Where did he go?!

"He can't mess with us, now I must teach how bad boys must get punished," this time I was alone and this time I was not only afraid but determined... I can do this.