chapter 8

(Minho)

“Tell me about the charts,” I demanded to my mother. We were in her tent while the others were hanging with each other in groups, some were eating still and some had decided to hit the hay. I was allowed myself only to ask questions which I took advantage of.

“Well they don’t count all faction less but just divergent,” she replies pouring herself a drink. Divergent only?

“I don’t understand why you care for the amount of divergent there are?”

“Erudite want manpower which they use dauntless for. They will come hunting for the divergent because the divergent can manipulate their system which is basically threatening to them. They want control and with divergent they can’t do that that is why we are counting them.”

“Fair enough,” I sighed, she had this planned out for a long time I could tell. It was still awkward between us and I didn’t really feel like bring her into my bubble.

“You know you’re father told me things about you,” she began and this got my attention. My father and her spoke still? “Well he told me he suspected you as divergent. He was watching you like a hawk and how you acted as well. He told me what he would think and he did bring the divergent word up. I left you with him because I thought you’d be safer that way.” I felt a little rush of guilt build inside of me.

She was doing this to protect me? “Don’t apologise, there is nothing to apologise for. What I the purpose for bringing all the faction less together? What is your intention?” I wondered. She brought me a glass of water and placed it next to me.

“To usurp Erudite. Once they are gone there is not much stopping us from becoming government,” filling her glass with more what I think is alcohol she laughs a little. I took my glass of water and grasped it hard but not too hard to the extent it could shatter.

“You want my help to help your tyrants to become in government? Over my dead body!” I was going to walk out when her arms wrapped my waist and her head laid on my back.

“We’re not tyrants. We want to establish a new society without factions,” she spoke calmly. What without factions?

“Without factions? How are you going to usurp Erudite?” I wondered sipping my glass of water. i wanted to pull my mother off but I felt kind of bad if I did so.

“Sometimes drastic measures are needed. As why we need you, in order to do this we need dauntless’s help.”

“Do you think I am important to the dauntless?” I laughed. “I’m not I am just someone who isn’t afraid much,” dauntless would want me dead right now if I tried to go back.

“What I’m suggesting is you become important. I am sure you’ll find a way,” she took her hands away from my waist and walked to the entrance to the tent. “The door is always open,” she finished and walked out leaving me alone. This is kind of messed up, finding out my mum was here; the taking over Erudite was all so different.

It would be an advantage if we teamed up and got rid Erudite but… do I really want to do it with my long lost mother?