chapter 9

Hm I dont think anyone is actually reading this book at all just by seeing no activity with it... I will still post chapters but for the third book maybe i might not do anything on wattpad.

But if you are reading... you are very quiet ^^ 

Anyways to the story

(Tae)

“Mother? Why are you here? What happened at Amity?!” I ran and hugged my mother. She showed me her gentle smile and that gave me joy.

“Everything was fine I am glad you are safe. I only did it for you Tae,” she spoke calmly. What did she mean by that?

“Mother? What’s wrong?” I questioned her; next minute I felt something wet absorb in my right hand. I pulled it to my face and felt my stomach turn. Red blood dripped from my right hand and I turned my sight to my mother who’s skin was turning rotten. “M-oth-er?! What is g-oing on!” I panicked and went to hug her to see her disappear into thin air, turned into dust.

Behind her I saw Krystal smiling at me with a gun in hand and then a body of my brother on the floor. “They just didn’t listen, it’s a shame really it could have been prevented if you divergents didn’t exist and the fact you ran away. It’s your fault she is dead, how does it feel to be responsible for your mother’s death?” her venomous voice boomed and I began screaming in pain. Noo mother, Brother!

“Tae!” I was shaken viciously. I opened my eyes in reality and saw it was Minho himself. I began crying and he hugged me in return. “Shh it was just a nightmare, it’s okay,” his soft tone was soothing but I couldn’t help crying.

“It f-elt so real, I am s-o scared!” I shrieked when I heard footsteps behind me. We both looked up to see it was Minho’s mother. She must have woken up early too. She bent down beside me and tried to signal me to stand up/ before she could touch me Minho slapped her hand away.

“I am only trying to help him, please let me take him out for fresh air. I promise it won’t take long,” Minho glanced to me and I nodded. Sighing he helped me up and I began walking outside onto a balcony down the hall with his mother.

“So Tae what is your relationship with my son?” she questioned me. So she wasn’t just doing this out of the kindness of her heart.

“I am his boyfriend. I have been for a few weeks in dauntless until all this happened. Look why are you asking this-“ I was interrupted.

“Look I don’t appreciate you affecting my son with your homosexual ways, leave him you hear me.”

“I’m not stupid. I can see you trying to use him. I know him much better than you would I mean you don’t know anything about him,” I glared at her. It didn’t seem she cared how angry I looked she probably thinks it as amusing.

“My dear but I know him well, probably even better then you. I am going to make sure he stays here and I will do anything to accomplish that!” she growled her knuckles turning white. She walked away, well stomped away. She suddenly showed her true colours huh.

Breathing softly I felt better and walked to Minho who was taking clean clothes. He shoved me a pair of clean clothes and took my hand in his. “Let’s take a shower,” I nodded going to the bathroom here. We began stripping and hopped into the bath. I sat down in front of Minho my back facing him. I leaned back onto his chest, the lavender scent in the water, the bubbles covering us both. It felt nice to do this, something new we haven’t done at all.

“Minho are we going to stay here?” I asked him. I wanted him to say no and to not follow his mother. His mother wasn’t that loving mother like my own; she was just like Krystal but on the opposite side.

“No we are leaving after this bath, we head for Candor… there are some dauntless survivors that found shelter at Candor after the simulation was defused. We go there and try to bring Candor onto our side.” He rubbed my shoulders massaging them which felt really nice. I was very tense but this was really relaxing me.

“Minho… do you think we will be able to live at peace without war?”

“Hm I don’t have the answer for that but I would love if that was true though. Could you give me a hand?” he turned around and I began to wash his back. Do I tell him what his mother told me? But what if I make it worse that they wouldn’t talk to each other at all. “What did my mother tell you?” bingo he hit my mark like he knew I was going to say something about her.

“Well she apparently thinks I am putting my homosexuality onto you and wants me to leave you,” a splash of water flew up then back into the tub. He was angry I could tell. “Don’t worry Minho it is fine nothing big, let’s get out and leave.” He complied getting out of the bath and into clean clothes but he was quiet.

Walking out the door we grabbed our things and waited for the others to get themselves ready. “Um Taemin,” Jongin had called me. He nervously looked to Kyungsoo and then to me. “I was thinking that… I would stay here with Kyungsoo until you come back. I would go but it’s too much for us especially as I am still recovering from my injury before. Do you understand? We will be here when you return from bringing Candor.”

“I understand Jongin… I’ll miss you,” I hugged him feeling a pinch of sadness rise inside of me. Key’s screaming caught my attention. He was arguing at Minho’s mother about something. He ran to me and cried a little.

“I can’t come with you I am sorry! I don’t want to leave Jonghyun here, I want to stay with him as he can’t leave her side,” I realised how many of us didn’t want to come anymore.

“Who wants to come along?” I asked our group. Only Minho, Jinki, Yixing and Amber had their hands up. The others showed guilt looks but I shook that off. “Ok then let’s go. And you all that are staying we will see each other again soon.”

Bushes and high grass took over a lot of the earth around us. We had to lay low so we wouldn’t be found by Dauntless. Jumping and rolling under things we all managed to pull through… that was until my brother stopped walking. “Hold up!” Minho called out. Yixing and Amber stopped listening to what Minho had ordered.

“What’s wrong Jinki?” Yixing asked him. Jinki gave Yixing a sad but strong confident look, probably only spoke to Yixing about it.

“I have decided that I won’t be following you anymore. I don’t belong here and I am just a burden us all. I am useless all I am good for are in labs or planting crops,” I held his hands staring into his eyes upset, how could he think that?

“No you are fine why are you thinking like that?!” I begged him to spill it all out.

“I’m sorry Taemin but it is goodbye for now,” he turned around and began walking the same way we came from. He… abandoned me just like that. What if something happens to him?! I would kill myself if he got killed because I wasn’t there to protect him.

“Tae it isn’t your responsibility to babysit your brother… he made his choice. Come on we better hurry,” he began walking along with the other two behind him. I stood there a little more. He is right… I can’t just let this take me down.

Resuming my walk we were almost at Candor headquarters.