Transfer Student

Y/N's POV~ "Does anyone, except Kita, recognize her from anywhere?" Kurosu-sensei asked everyone. Nobody said anything for a little while.

"I thought I recognized her. Itachiyama's Kita Y/N, she was the number one girls ace until she had to stop playing, right?" Osamu-san said. Kurosu-sensei nodded. "She'll be joining the team as the manager. She'll also be joining some practices."

"Atsumu, I want you to set to her right now so she can demonstrate her skills," Kurosu-sensei said. Atsumu-san nodded and started warming up. I went to the changing room to change into a T-shirt, and take off my skirt (you're wearing tights).

I came back out, and put on a pair of volleyball shoes. I saw Atsumu-san had already gotten in position so I did the same. I turned to Atsumu-san. "Um, could you please set me a 4?" (A 4 is a really high set)

Atsumu's POV~ "Um, could you please set me a 4?" I heard Y/N-chan ask. I nodded. Kita-san threw a ball towards my hands, while Y/N-chan was doing her run up. I threw her a 4, just like she asked... but it was too low.

Y/N-chan still ended up hitting it, but not with as much power as she could have if I had just thrown the ball right. Heck, she couldn't use all her power, but she popped the ball.

I stared at her falling figure. She looked so beautiful and deadly in that moment. It was like she was... I can't find the words for it. She's only (y/h, has to be less than 5'9), but she can jump so high that her knees are above the net.

The rest of the team was silent, and staring in awe. Despite the height of the set and the limited attack power, Y/N-chan left a mark on the floor. "Oh, um, sorry about the floor and the ball, I'll pay for it," she said sheepishly.

"Well, now you've seen the number one ace in person, what do you guys think?" Kurosu-sensei asked everyone. "That was amazing!" Aran said. Getting a compliment from Aran about spiking is amazing, especially since he's one of the top 5 aces.

"It still wasn't as powerful as Sakusa-kun's spike though," Y/N-chan said, frowning while looking at her hand. She looked at me. "Can you please set a little higher?" I nodded, still awestruck by this girl who just walked in here and now practically rules our court.

I set higher for her this time, and she spiked it again. Another ball popped, and now there's a second dent in the floor. "I'll pay for that one too," she said.

"Maybe you shouldn't use all your attack power unless you're up against blockers or our libero," Kurosu-sensei sweatdropped. Y/N-chan apologized some more.

"Anyways, a week from today, we're going to be attending a training camp with other high schools. These include Karasuno, Aoba Johsai, Shiratorizawa, Nekoma, Fukurodani, Itachiyama, and us," Kurosu-sensei said.

"Pack enough for 2 weeks. That is all. We didn't really get much practice in, but that's fine, we'll just practice extra later. Go have some free time on campus," Kurosu-sensei said, dismissing us.

Kita's POV~ "Shinsuke-nii, I need to go to the faculty office to get my schedule, I'll see you later," Y/N said while putting headphones in.

I turned to the team. "I have a favor to ask all of you," I said. Everyone looked surprised, since I normally don't ask people for help.

"You've all seen my sister, and how shy she is. I want you guys to help her become more confident and social. I don't know if she will open up to any of you, but please try. It's not good for her to be like this in the future," I said, explaining my reason.

"I was already planning to befriend her Kita-san, so I'll try!" Atsumu said. I could tell he was interested in her after he saw her jumping and spiking power.

"Yeah, same here, she looks like she'd be cool to hang out with," Suna said. "Same here," Osamu said. Everyone else agreed. "Thank you, everyone, you have no idea how much she means to me," I said with a smile.

"Oh also, please protect her from your crazy fangirls. They're why she had to come to Inarizaki in the first place," I added before any of them could walk away.

Y/N's POV~ "-Y/N-chan!" I heard a voice calling me a couple feet from behind. I took out my headphones and turned to see Atsumu-san coming toward me. "Oh, um, h-hi. Did you need something?" I asked. Damn it, I stuttered.

Whenever Shinsuke-nii isn't around, it makes me more nervous to be around people than when he's with me.

"Yeah, I wanted to ask you about Tokyo. You used to be the manager for Itachiyama right?" he asked me. His energy is like an energetic, playful puppy, it's really cute. "Yes, why?" I asked back quietly.

"Can ya tell me what kind of team they are? I know you love volleyball, so you probably observed them a lot," Atsumu-san said.

I had no idea where to start, but I started anyway.

"Well, they're a really coordinated team. Botched receives don't matter to them... well they do matter, but they'll still make it work. Sakusa-kun was able to spike through blocks most of the time, Komori-kun was able to receive just about every ball, and Iizuna-san was a really impressive setter. We did quick attacks a lot. To sum it all up, they're a team that relies on trust, attack power, and solid defense," I explained.

Atsumu-san was staring at me. "Um, Atsumu-san?" I asked worriedly. "So you do know how to speak confidently!" I was taken aback by that statement. "Oh, um, sorry. Was I talking too much?"

Atsumu-san shook his head. "Not at all. I think your explanation was thorough and detailed." I smiled at him. "Thank you, Atsumu-san!"

Atsumu's POV~ Wow, she really does love volleyball, enough to forget all of her insecurities and just focus on volleyball. Y/N-chan's really something.

"Thank you, Atsumu-san!" she said while smiling. Her smile's really pretty. It reminds me of that time when I saw Kita-san smile. She's shy, introverted, and not very confident, but she knows how to socialize. She just doesn't want to open up to anyone for whatever reason.

"Ah, I'm gonna go grab my schedule. You should head to your class, or else you might be late," she said quietly. Ah, back to being awkward and shy. I patted her head.

"See ya later, Y/N-chan!" I said while walking in the direction of mine and Gin's homeroom class. I reached the front of the classroom, when I suddenly froze. I should've waited to ask what class she's in.

10 Minutes Later~ Gin and I were just talking about random things. We were the first ones there because we got to school before anyone else.

People started coming in, and I heard a whisper that caught both of our attention.

"I heard there's going to be a new second year transfer student."

I looked at Gin. "Ya think it's Y/N-chan?" He nodded. We're going to have Y/N-chan in our class. I wonder if she's a good student like Kita-san.

Our homeroom teacher, Mitsuki-sensei, walked in. "Ok everyone, quiet down. We have a new transfer student. Kita-chan, come in."

We saw the (y/h), (h/l) two-toned hair girl, volleyball ace by the name of Kita Y/N walk into our classroom.