Princess of the Court

Y/N's POV~ I stepped into the classroom and everyone's eyes were on me. "Introduce yourself," Mitsuki-sensei said. "I'm Kita Y/N. I like volleyball and (f/f). Please leave me in peace."

"Does anyone have any questions for Kita-Chan?" Mitsuki-sensei asked the class.

One girl raised her hand. "Go ahead Hano-Chan," Mitsuki-sensei told the girl.

"Are you related to Kita Shinsuke-senpai?" I nodded. "Yes he's my brother."

Questions came from various people. The teacher only allowed 3.

"Are you going to play volleyball for the girl's team?"

I smiled sadly. "Sadly, I can't. I got injured in a game and I can't play anymore. However, I'm the manager for the boy's volleyball team."

That stirred up the class. They were all whispering about me now.

"I think I recognize you. You're the number one girl's ace, right?"

Oh, someone recognizes me. "Yup, that's right! Although that title's going to be given to the current number two ace."

"Ok that's enough. Kita-Chan, we're happy to have you. You can sit in any empty seat," Mitsuki-sensei said.

I sat in the middle row, a seat away from Atsumu-San and Ginjima-San.

Class was pretty easy. I ended up getting bored and drawing on my paper.

"Kita-Chan, answer number 23," Mitsuki-sensei said. I looked up surprised.

"4928.54" I said. I already did the entire paper so the teacher couldn't call me out on not paying attention.

"That is correct, thank you," Mitsuki-sensei said, looking surprised. Serves her right.

Class ended, and I started walking to volleyball practice with Ginjima-San and Atsumu-San.

We were at the corner of the hall and a group of people walked by. I clutched onto Atsumu-san's shirt and hid my face in his back.

"Y/N-Chan... what's wrong?" I heard Atsumu-San ask. I let go of his shirt and gave him a smile. "Don't worry, it's nothing!"

Atsumu-San bought the lie luckily. Why did I lie? Because I hate people. It's terrifying. I can feel comfortable around certain people, but others scare me.

I don't like it. I want to be able to talk to people, but I can't. It's terrifying.

Anyways, we're at the volleyball gym where I'm joining practice. I'm teaching Akagi-san how to set. Komori-kun taught me this cool setting trick.

Basically the libero runs and jumps right before stepping into the front half of the court to set the ball. I'm teaching him how to do it.

I'm doing one on one time with each of the members to help them improve. After Akagi-san, I'm going to teach Osamu-san some wrist tricks.

Atsumu's POV~ "Hey Kita-San?" I asked him. He looked over at me. "Y/N-Chan isn't just shy is she? She's scared of people, right?" I asked.

Kita-San looked sad. "Yeah- wait. How did you know that?" I thought for a moment.

"When we were walking through the hallway, a group of people passed by. She clutched onto my shirt and hid herself behind me," I said, recounting what happened.

Kita-San had a small smile on his face. "Thank you Atsumu." I looked at him in confusion. "Thank you... for what?"

"She grabbed your shirt. The only time she'll do that is if she likes being around that person," Kita-San explained.

I was shocked, and really happy. "Oh. Well then, I'll continue making her happy," I said.

Y/N-Chan doesn't know it, but she makes me happy too. Her energy, her smile, her awkwardness, her shyness, it's so sweet. It makes me really happy.

Those words I wanted to describe you as but couldn't... you're like the princess of the court. I'm such an idiot. Everyone knows that's your official title in the volleyball world.

I'll make sure you're happy too Y/N-Chan. After all, you're my friend, and my captain's sister.