So Far From Here- Chapter 10

I gave him a confused look then switching to a smile "Ok" I took it out of his hands. Surprisingly, it was parchment.

Reading the adress I saw my Name and my current adress written in clean calligraphy.

[Allison Hoode

1712 Acadia Road

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

l3S 4t9]

So the letter was adressed to me. In the top right corner where the reply adress shouldve been, there was none. As if they dropped it of manually.

Josh's parents strolled by taking the bills. His mom looked at the letter in my hands. "From home?" she asked.

I didn't know so went with a nod. She didn't know about some of the drama. Corlynn nodded as she retreated with Miles to the kitchen. Out of earshot of Josh and I.

Peeling the wax stamp, I pulled out a sheet of paper with neat cursive written one it. "People still write letters?" Josh said dumbfounded.

"In London"

The letter read :

[Dear Miss Allison Hoode

Happy Birthday! Wishing you a great 25.

Although, we are disappointed to inform you that you are longer part of the Company. You failed to return to us by today as Cody had asked you to. We didn't want to get physical, but your forced us to.

Cody tells of somebody named Joshua, or Josh. We heard he tried to protect you. Letting me remind you, hes treating you like a guest, not someone who care or loves you. Joshua doesn't love you. We did but you're a difficult daughter Allison.

We proposed you this letter to inform we are disowning you. So you do not have anywhere to go when you come home. You are booted from the Company. No more chances Allison. Although, because we are generous people and you do have majors iin practically everything, we believe 3,120,355 pounds or $5,000,000 Canadian dollars for your share of our investments.

Your ex-parents,

Laura and James Hoode]

After finishing the letter I reread the disowning part. Seriously? I watched as some of the paper crumple and ink blotch as tears stream down my face.

"Alli?" Josh asks concerned. Instead I run out the doors. I have no idea where I am going except away. I hear Josh running behind me calling out my name.

"ALII! ALLISON!" he yelled. No one at home would admit it hub I was crazy fast in both short and long distance.

I took a turn at the busy intersection. I headed straigh again through alleyways. Some creeps tried to grab me but they couldn't catch me could they. I eventually Josh caught up and tackled to me on the ground. We were in a foresty area of some park.

My tears had stopped and I was just staring at Josh who's face was hovering right on top of mine. His chest was rising and falling as he was on top.

"Please get off me" I asked him. H did. But he grabbed me by my waist so he was practically lifting me up that way. He held me against this thick trunk tree so both his arms were on either side of me and he was somewhat pressed against me.

"I don't want to talk about it" I replied cooly.

"Well you like you're about to cry" he pointed out. I handed him the blotchy and crumpled paper I had held when running. He unfolded it using one hand to hold me and the other to read it. His eyes scanned the page and his face hardened when I knew he read about him.

"Fuck those assholes" he muttered after finished. He handed me the paper that I folded and slid into my cutoff jean pocket. "Thy don't know me." he said.

"So you don't love me?" it was true he never said it once to me. Just saying he had a crush on me.

He smiled with a cocky look in his eye. "Allison. I love you." I smiled at him blushing. He leaned into kiss me. Our lips melted in together. Moving in sync, his hands on my waist. My hands just lying against his. He flicked my bottom lip with his tongue ring. I knew what he wanted but I was going to tease him.

He realized I wasn't moving anytime soon so he reaching tickled me. Just as a laugh escaped, his tongue tangled with mine. It was different but in a good way.

I realized the problem wasn't solved so I shoved him away. We had gone back to regular kissing. He stared at me with a hurt expression. "I'm so sorry" I cried again. All the anger and depression of everything coming back.

Josh sat down next to me where I was slouched against the tree. He held me tight whispering nce things. He got me to calm down. He pecked me on the cheek for a little longer than usuall pecks.

"I actually have no place to go after this year" I muttered.

"Stay" he replied. I looked at him like he was crazy. He shrugged. "You don't have to go back. Get a Canadian Citizenship and live with us. My parents love you anyway."

"Seriously?" I said.

"Yeah. You can get a job with all your majors and eventually get your own place privacy from my parents. Dot you have like five million dollars now in savings?"

I nodded. Then I got in his lap and hugged him. "Thank you"

"Well now Cody won't be bothering you. Or your parents."he chuckled as giggled.

Josh held my chin tilting it so he kissed me again. I held his face in my hands as his went from my waist to my thighs. I shivered at his touch. We just stoped. "Home" he asked chcking the time. Nodding, I got up to run but instead, Josh picked me up and held me bridal style.

I laughed as people stared. My head lay in the crook of his shoulder. People smiled and some couple even threw us flowers. It was hilarious to be carried through suburban Vancouver like that.

Once we got to the front door, we unlocked it and he carried me to the basement. He lay me in my bed. Almost instantly, I feel I'm going to fall asleep. Josh turned aroung to leave. My hand shoots out to grab his hand "Stay?" I ask him. He gives me a smile.

"Sure" he replies climbing into the bed with me. He lightly presses himself against me I was in his arms. A hand brushes my thigh, still in the clothes I wore I to the forest.

"Don't do anything we would both regret in the morning" I told him. I was referring to sex. I wasn't a virgin either but I still had boundaries.

Josh quietly chuckled at that as our breathing slowed and we fell asleep