Epilogue

College seemed to just go by in a snap. In five years time, the people who started to create a long lasting friendship way back in high school were finally able to graduate in their respective fields.

One chose to pursue his passion in arts, the other in photography.

One became an engineer, musician, teacher, and architect.

Though they went their separate ways to achieve their dreams, the bond that connected them strengthened over the years.

During the holidays, Jungkook had received the greatest news that he had longed to hear.

"I'm coming home in two days." Taehyung said from the other line.

"You.. what?"

Jungkook was too stunned to comprehend as his heart started to rumble in his chest.

"I'm going home for Christmas!" Taehyung repeated in enthusiasm.

"What the fuck- Tae!" Jungkook hastily jumped and raced outside the porch where his friends were currently having a drink.

"Taehyung is coming home!" He beamed, like a man winning a lottery.

"Really?!" Chaeyoung's happiness was also mirrored on her face at the good news.

"He's coming home!" Jungkook reiterated, going to his friends to show Taehyung on the screen.

"We heard you the first time." Namjoon said, but Jungkook was just overjoyed and the information still hadn't sink in that well.

"He's finally coming back..."

There's a sudden change in his voice that seemed to crack a little. His eyes watered which made his friends groan.

"No man, don't tell us you're going to cry." Yoongi pointed out, but Jungkook was quick to turn his back.

"I'm not, idiot. I'm just happy." He said as he gazed at Taehyung's face on the screen.

"Thank you, baby." He said which made the other smile.

"Wait for me."

"Always."

————

Jungkook couldn't stop moving to and fro as he waited for Taehyung to step out of the airport.

His plane had already landed minutes ago which only had Jungkook wishing for the time to move fast.

Every tick of time had him looking up to see if Taehyung was there.

So when he finally caught sight of that familiar face regardless of the wide rim glasses and a bonnet that almost hid his face, he quickly went out of the car.

The snow falling from the sky didn't seem so cold as he stared to look at the man a couple of steps away from him.

Jungkook saw him smile and instantly, his surroundings with nothing but white seemed to burst in colors.

"Hey." Taehyung greeted as he took a couple of steps towards him.

"Hey."

They stared at each other for a long time, both with smiles that seemed to tell every word they didn't say.

Jungkook offered his hand which Taehyung took without hesitation.

"Welcome back, baby." Jungkook said before placing a kiss on his lips.

"It's good to be back." Taehyung said, smiling.

"Let me take that from you." Jungkook took his suitcase before helping him load it in the trunk.