one

the breeze was cool, a lot cooler than the hot breeze he had become accustomed to in his temporary stay in brazil. the japan air just as icy as oikawa remember it to be around the autumn season. he sighed loudly, pulling the scarf around his neck tighter to keep him warm.

he lugged his suitcase behind him as he exited the airport, trying to find a taxi anywhere around the street to get home. but he stopped at the sound of someone calling his name.

"tooru!"

he recognised that voice anywhere. he spun around quickly, his mother stood with her arms open wide, his older sister next to her beaming at him with a wide smile.

"mum! misaki!" he called out overjoyed, rushing towards them struggling to keep his suitcase upright on its wheels as he hurried towards them, hugging the two women tightly.

oikawa hadn't realised how much he had missed them while away, and his nephew takeru during his three year stay in brazil. he missed japan, its food, its culture, the
people. he missed speaking in his native language and not having to use his awful portuguese accent all the time.

"do you look thinner? have you been eating over there? do they even feed you in brazil?" his mother began as he looked at him, hands on his face as she inspected his appearance.

"mum," oikawa groaned, prying her hands away.

"you look good tooru, glad you're back," his sister said giving him side hug now.

"yeah, well it's not permanent, i'm a pretty big deal back there," he said with a smug smile.

"whatever, just get your bags in the car and lets go home," his sister said nudging him.

oikawa followed his sister and mother to the car, opening up the boot and putting his suitcase and rucksack in the back. before sitting in the back seat while he dove into conversation about his journey home.

there wasn't much to tell his mum, he made sure to phone her at least twice a week while away in brazil to keep her updated and see how she was doing. his sister he would text every now and then, but he knew his mum would probably be telling her everything anyway.

he nodded off on two occasions on the way home, the jet lag finally hitting him now he was off of the plane, but he knew he would have to stay awake a little longer to try adjust his sleep schedule. oikawa took to watching the scenery outside, watching the landscape he was so familiar with passing by him as he touched his forehead to the glass of the window.

when they had arrived back at the house, he let out a quiet yawn before getting out of the car, grabbing his bags while he waited for his mother to unlock the door. greeted to the house he grew up in, dotted with pictures of himself and misaki all over the living area.

"tooru, go start unpacking and i'll get dinner ready," his mother told him.

"sure, thanks," he replied tiredly, dragging his bags up the stairs to the house.

his bedroom, it brought back memories. seeing all of the film posters and volleyball equipment scattered around his room. fresh sheets on his bed and newly made, his mum must of changed the bedding before he got home for him. he threw the bags down and jumped backwards onto the bed sighing, happy to be home.