six

when they got to the park oikawa had got the volleyball from his nephews bag and started to pass the ball to him, takeru receiving and hitting it over the net. iwaizumi stood on the other side receiving and passing over the ball takeru sent over passing it back to oikawa.

all the while iwaizumi was helping takeru nail his received and his spikes, which oikawa kept blocking ruthlessly. just because he was his younger nephew didn't mean oikawa would go easy on him. but it was much harder to block iwaizumi's. who had began spiking in retaliation to oikawa's mean serves and blocks.

oikawa couldn't stop staring at the bottom of iwaizumi's torso every-time the hem of his shirt lifted to pass the ball over or spike. it was almost like he was doing it on purpose to torture him, pulling him out of his zone every so often as he was so caught off guard by his v lines and traces of muscles.

the three played on for some time, until the sun began to set in the early afternoon and takeru was tired and had enough. which oikawa agreed to putting the ball away as they walked back.

again the walk back takeru was asking iwaizumi what he thought and asking for his advice whilst they walked back, leaving oikawa walking behind watching the clouds in the orange sky move slowly across, almost stepping off the pavement a couple of times not paying much attention. until they reached back to oikawas house where misaki was waiting to take takeru back home.

takeru was not happy as he complained to his mum why they had to leave so early after not seeing iwaizumi for so long. but eventually the two left leaving just oikawa and iwaizumi alone in the front room. now oikawa didn't know what to say.

at least with his nephew oikawa avoided direct conversation and wasn't alone, plus takeru had hogged iwaizumi to himself all afternoon so it meant he wasn't paying oikawa much attention. so now he stood across from him with no nephew and he didn't know where to start.

he looked up to iwaizumi who was looking around the living room noticing the new decorations oikawa's mum had put up since his last visit. oikawa looked at his small smile on his face as he looked around, his chiselled cheek and jawbones flexing when his head was turned to the side.

iwaizumi turned to face him and oikawa quickly acted as though he hadn't been staring at his pretty face.

"come on iwa," oikawa beckoned turning to the stair case to lead them both up to his room.

when he stepped through he panicked, remembering just how messy his room was for his hibernation and meltdown over the past couple of days. he quickly shoved some things to the side whilst iwaizumi shut the door, and oikawa quickly made his bed after he balled the duvet and pillows up after this morning. he was lucky he had cleaned up a little before he left because if he had seen the clothes and wrappers on the floor then iwaizumi would know something was definitely up with him.

oikawa sat on the bed watching as his best friend looked around the room, it was exactly as it was before he left for brazil. the only thing different was the volleyball uniform usually hung on his wardrobe was now replaced with his gear he usually used on the beaches of brazil.

one photo stuck out to iwaizumi as he smiled picking up the framed photo on oikawa's bed side table and bringing to his face for a closer look.

"i can't believe you still have this, look at how young we look," iwaizumi laughed turning the photo to oikawa.

oikawa smiled as he sat up to look at the photo, the same one he sat staring at the night the night he came back from brazil. the high school third year preliminaries.