seven

it was almost as though oikawa's prayers were answered.

because the past few days iwaizumi had made no effort to even see him or text him to hang out. but now iwaizumi was now not wanting to see oikawa, it made him want to hang out with his friend even more. he couldn't decide what he wanted now.

after iwaizumi had come over that day the two of them texted daily, but the conversations they had were never really long. the longest conversation they had was christmas day when the two wished each other well and discussed what they were doing with their days. apart from that any other conversation was a simple 'hello, i'm good, see you soon'.

although all this was now going to oikawa's plans, he hated that now iwaizumi wasn't paying as much attention to him. why did he suddenly stop texting him daily to hang out before he went back to brazil? why has he suddenly stopped trying to see him?

oikawa didn't understand.

he thought maybe iwaizumi was too busy being all gross and in love with his perfect girlfriend. of course he would rather hang out with her than him, she was everything that oikawa wasn't. he really had no chance against a saint like her. after hearing about all the good deeds she's done and how she graduated top of her class in california.

oikawa sat staring at his phone scrolling through his apps aimlessly, wondering if maybe oikawa hadn't of gone to brazil and iwaizumi hadn't of gone to america if the circumstances would be different. would the two still be friends? or even more?

it was a question that always left oikawa wondering. he didn't regret going to brazil to follow his dream, but he did regret letting iwaizumi slip through his fingers.

the only other person who knew about this was hinata, after confiding to him about his feelings during a very drunk night out. which is when hinata also told oikawa he was in the same situation with kageyama.

why was being in love so complicated?

he thought it was supposed to be easy and carefree, but the only thing being in love has done so far is make him go crazy.

oikawa sat up, pulling on a hoodie and running down the stairs shoving his phone in his front pocket. he grabbed his coat and kicked on his shoes as his mother came to the corridor to see what he was doing.

"tooru? where are you going now it's dark out," his mother asked, seeing that the street lamps were the only thing illuminating the roads.

"just to iwa's, i'll be home soon," oikawa told her, giving her a quick peck to the cheek before rushing out the house.

there was no use him sat being miserable regretting all the things he wished he could have done. he decided he would go to see him now, hang out a couple more times before he went back to brazil, see if he was really happy.

oikawa was almost sprinting down the street to iwaizumi's house, the cold air on his cheeks making his flush, the air coming out visible due to the low temperatures of the night. he stopped when he got outside to his house, looking up to his room seeing the light was on in his room, he was definitely in.

he knocked on the door, waiting for a response, seeing a figure at the window of the door and it opened up. revealing sakura.