eight

it was new years and hanamaki once again was demanding oikawa come to the party he and matsukawa were throwing at their flat. and after the past two days oikawa thought anything could be worse at this point. he and iwaizumi hadn't seen or even talked since oikawa left his house in the middle of the night in tears, not even over text.

oikawa couldn't even bring himself to do anything but sit and sulk in his room, scared if he went anywhere other than his house he would bump into the boy. which knowing oikawa's luck he would. instead oikawa used this time in his heart break to binge watch videos of volleyball and new serves and sets he could use, so as soon as he gets back to brazil in a couple of days he can drown himself in training and finally move on.

maybe when he got back to brazil he'd restart things with manuel, tell him he's finally over the guy and ready to be with him for real this time, and hopefully start over again. although the thought of completely cutting off iwaizumi was extreme and something that would pain oikawa to do, it had to be done when he returned. because the more they kept in contact the more it would pain oikawa to see him with her.

so it being almost 10pm now and oikawa still sat in his bed, wrapped up in his duvet watching volleyball youtube clips on his phone, he muted hanamaki who was spamming with texts asking him where he was.

he did feel guilty.

he had been back only three weeks and had seen his other two best friends a whooping three times, and one time was only a quick chat in a superstore when they bumped into each other.

but for oikawa's sanity he knew he couldn't go to that party, as much as it pained him to not see everyone together before he left for brazil. he would just see hanamaki and matsukawa tomorrow before he leaves.

oikawa clicked on the video underneath which was a clip of team usa playing a match against russia, watching their gameplay to get some inspiration. but his phone changed the picture as his phone began to rang.

iwaizumi.

oikawa stared at the contact name, not daring to do anything but stare and wait until his phone rang out, which it did within a minute. going back to the youtube page with the video paused. oikawa's heart was pounding in his chest as he wondered why now iwaizumi was ringing him after the two completely blanking each other for two days.

seeing a notification at the top of his phone come through, a message from iwaizumi. oikawa clicked the notification taking him to the messages.

iwa-chan
[21:51]

where are u makki and mattsun
are pissed that u didn't show up

i know ur reading my messages

will u answer the phone

u leave in two days and everyone
wants to see u and ur ignoring
all of us

im not ignoring anyone

im just not feeling too good

bull shit

get here now or im coming
to urs and dragging u here

oikawa sighed and shut off his phone. of course they'd force iwaizumi to message him, he ran his hands through his hair before tugging at the strands in frustration at everyone. why couldn't he just stay in and have a quiet night.