five

the next few days were hell, oikawa hardly even left his room because he was terrified of bumping into iwaizumi. the boy knew he was over thinking the whole ordeal in the car, that iwaizumi probably didn't even think much of it. but it was the only thing that seemed to run through oikawa's mind currently.

his hand on his arm, it felt so safe. the way iwaizumi stared at him like he was the only person in the world, how close her was to him he could feel his hot breath on his cheeks.

oikawa groaned and threw his face in his pillow as he once again remembered the way it made him feel, his heart racing just at the thought.

unfortunately for oikawa, iwaizumi had been messaging him again to see him, but oikawa really couldn't bring himself to do it. the couple of times oikawa had seen him were already too much, his heart could only handle so much of seeing iwaizumi cuddled up with his amazingly perfect girlfriend.

but he only had three weeks left now. he could manage it. he could get away and avoid him for two more weeks.

thats what oikawa thought anyway.

"tooru!" his sister's voice was outside his door.

oikawa lifted his head up from the pillow it was currently pressed against, looking towards the door with a distasteful look. what was she doing visiting now.

before oikawa could even answer his sister, she opened the door to his room, waltzing inside with a smile. but her smile dropped upon seeing oikawa's appearance.

he wore the same clothes as yesterday, clothes thrown on the floor, food wrappers scattered around on his tables from oikawa's late night snacks whilst he cried over iwaizumi and sakura being a stupid perfect couple.

"god tooru, your room is a mess, why do you look like a homeless man?" she asked, noticing the stubble coming in as oikawa hadn't had a shave.

"i'm wallowing in self pity, leave me alone," he said throwing his face back into the pillow.

his sister sighed, walking over trying not to stand on any of the clothes or rubbish, sitting on the edge of his bed.

"takeru wanted to see if you'd play some volleyball, and iwaizumi is at the door wanting to see you,"

oikawa froze at the mention of his name. he wanted to scream into the pillow and bash his head against the wall. he grabbed the pillow with his hands squeezing it so his frustration wouldn't be so noticeable by his sister. why did he just show up unannounced. why did he have to turn up at the same time as his sister. why couldn't he just let him be.

he screamed quietly into the pillow as it muffled the sound and his sister looked at him taken back by his sudden dramatic outburst.

"tell him i'm ill, i'm not having company today," oikawa spoke muffled through the pillow.

"oh, so this is what it's about, iwaizumi?" his sister asked curious. "what happened? you guys fight or something," she asked him.

the opposite. very much the opposite. oikawa shook his head and lifted it from the pillow wiping his face. he looked at his sister who was looking at him with raised eyebrows utterly confused at his current state. misaki had seen oikawa like this many of times, usually when he couldn't get something to do with volleyball or when he was ready to kill ushijima. but she hadn't seen this since they lost the inter high preliminaries against karasuno. so what on earth was causing it now?