twelve

- two years later -

iwaizumi was home from tokyo for his birthday for a week, it was nice to be back home again after not being home for six months. his job had been keeping him so busy that he hardly had anytime to come home to see his mum anymore. but finally he had some time off to spend some time with her just before his birthday.

of course he would still be celebrating when he got back to tokyo, bokuto and atsumu had already planned a night full of horrific activities planned for their favourite athletic trainer who visited them. how that would be an interesting night.

iwaizumi had been feeling good recently with everything going on, he even moved into a new flat recently which was so much better than his first flat in tokyo. the whole thing was just a little bigger than his bedroom, he had no room for anything. now he had saved up his wages he could finally get himself a flat he could show off and invite friends over to.

hanamaki and matsukawa had even been up to visit him, saying the flat had to be christened before he could do anything else. which involved the three of them getting black out drunk and so memories iwaizumi did not like to think back on.

everything seemed to finally be working its way out. iwaizumi was still in touch with sakura too, she herself had a new boyfriend and had moved to kyoto for her job which was great. iwaizumi however had remained single, he wasn't really looking for anything too serious. not while he was still on his mind.

it was funny because up until two years ago iwaizumi would never had thought of oikawa in that way, but everytime iwaizumi goes out and flirts he's always at the back of his mind. it's infuriating. it's almost like he can hear his god awful voice mocking him whenever iwaizumi tries to make a move.

iwaizumi had no idea how oikawa was, he seemed to have blocked his number seen as though none of the texts iwaizumi sent ever went through, so he eventually gave up trying to contact him. he just hoped he was doing well and playing volleyball like they always dreamed.

his mum even asked about him, but iwaizumi would respond with the same thing every time "i'm guessing he's doing alright,". after iwaizumi had rushed to the airport to stop him leaving and to tell him he loved him, his mum had been very nosey with his love life. but he kept telling her he really didn't want a relationship at this moment in time. he was young and didn't want to be held down. he just wanted to have fun. and fun he was having.

iwaizumi had come to the park as he today to get out of the house, he just enjoyed the walk around and to see the new faces. the regular volleyball classes still took place which gave him some nostalgia as he watched them train. he smiled to himself as he dug his hands in his pockets and walked along to path, stopping to stroke a dog that passed him along the way with its owner.

the warm breeze of the japanese summer was something iwaizumi loved, but it always seemed to be better when he was home in miyagi.

on the court coming up iwaizumi could see a small group of three people playing volleyball aswell, causing a smile on iwaizumi's face to form. he did miss playing. it was fun training all the amazing players in tokyo, but playing the sport was a different feeling that he missed. but iwaizumi glanced away from the group and kept on walking.

"i'm not that tall! why do you insist on setting like that!" he heard someone yell.

"because you're lazy! i know you can jump to get it so pick up your feet and jump otherwise you'll never beat them!" the other shouted back.