three

oikawa had been avoiding all of iwaizumi's texts for now three days, and everything seemed to be getting back on track. in a couple of weeks after the new years oikawa would be heading back to brazil to never have to speak to him again. he just needed excuses to buy him time these next couple of weeks to not see him. but none seemed to be working.

it was almost as though iwaizumi knew oikawa was trying to avoid him, which made it harder to come up with excuses as iwaizumi knew all of his tricks. and iwaizumi wasn't as dull as much as oikawa liked to pretend. which left a now tricky situation for oikawa to try get himself out of.

what made matters even worse is that he ran into hanamaki while taking takeru to his volleyball practice, who had invited him to come to his tonight as a old high school reunion. and of course iwaizumi would be there, no doubt so would sakura.

and the worst thing to top it all off is that oikawa had used up all of his 'my mum's missed me so i'm staying in' excuses last week to avoid meeting sakura. so now he had no choice but to go, otherwise iwaizumi would know something was definitely up with him and start asking questions. so he decided to suck it up and stick it out for the night.

it was only for the next couple of weeks, he just had to make it until after new years, and then oikawa was out of here. he could pretend until then, it wasn't as though he faked his feelings throughout the duration of his final year of high school. the next couple of weeks would be a breeze compared to the past three years of hidden feelings.

well, thats what he thought.

oikawa dressed himself in an all black attire for the event, ruffling his hair one last time in the mirror before sighing, heading down the stairs. his mother was at work, so he locked up behind him and began to walk his way down the old route he would take with iwaizumi.

god how he needed a car. he couldn't even drive which was pathetic, he put all his soul and energy into volleyball learning to drive came as an after thought. but now oikawa really wished he would have picked up the skill so he wouldn't be in the predicament now.

he heard a car pull over next to him as he strolled along, oikawa choose to ignore it, carrying on walking, hearing the tyres scrap along the tarmac road. and the familiar voice he hadn't worked up the courage to face yet.

"need a lift?"

oikawa turned to face the road to see none other than the one person he was avoiding. iwaizumi. sat in the driver seat of the car with his arm hanging off the side of the window as he gave him a look.

oikawa peered in seeing sakura sat next to him, giving him a small wave as oikawa internally groaned and cursed at his awful luck.

"well look at you, nice fancy car, cute girlfriend, trying to rub it in my face iwa," oikawa mocked before walking up to the car to open the back seat and sit down with a silent huff of annoyance.

"i can always kick you out," iwaizumi said before starting up the car again.

"i was fine walking anyway, but when you pull up offering to chauffeur me around it's hard to turn down the offer," oikawa said folding his arms as he clicked his seatbelt in place.

"this is why i don't do nice things for you," iwaizumi said as he set off the car.

oikawa sat looking out the window in the backseat, furious that iwaizumi had to drive past and offer him a lift. the fact oikawa couldn't even say no because iwaizumi would definitely know something was up if he refused. oikawa never said no to iwaizumi and free rides.