ten

iwaizumi didn't leave his room all day, he just felt dreadful, and it wasn't due to the alcohol. he hated how oikawa and himself had left things just before he was about to head back. even when his mum had asked if he was going to drive him to the airport iwaizumi just mumbled and went back to sleep not even wanting to think about oikawa at the airport.

it wasn't until the next day iwaizumi came out of his room and his mother again asked if he was taking oikawa to the airport. which iwaizumi responded with a he can make his own way there. and she didn't push the topic any further. but even today he didn't feel much better.

he wondered what oikawa was doing right now, if he had packed everything he needed and was on his way to the airport, or if he was already on the plane on his way back. if oikawa was thinking about him too and regretted the way things ended up new years eve.

but instead of being there to see him off as he would of wanted, he was sat moping inside his house wondering where his best friend was. under the covers on his bed with the only source of light being his phone due to the duvet wrapped around his head. iwaizumi scrolled aimlessly through his social medias looking to pass time.

there was a small knock at his door, thinking it would be his mother he beckoned the person on the other side in with a groan wanting to be alone. he poked his head from underneath the covers to see sakura in the doorway with a weak smile.

"hey, you coming out your room yet? it's getting kinda boring without you," she said softly to him.

iwaizumi shook his head, putting away his phone and sitting up straight at her arrival, letting the duvet fall off him onto the bed.

"don't worry about it," he said shortly, allowing her room to sit on the bed.

sakura didn't really say much else as she could tell iwaizumi wasn't really with it, as soon as he finished speaking his mind wandering back to oikawa.

instead her eyes drifted to the photo she often stared at when she came over, a small frame of iwaizumi and oikawa of what appeared to be a middle school volleyball tournament. her eyes skimmed the photo for seemed like the hundredth time, looking at both of the boys bright smiles with their arms around each other.

sakura glanced to iwaizumi who was still on his own thoughts about everything that had happened and his regrets from that night. until she cleared her throat that is, and iwaizumi turned to look at her snapped out of any thoughts he was trapped in.

"so, you not going to see oikawa off?" she asked him.

iwaizumi didn't respond at first, a little confused as to why she would ask that question. sakura knew what had happened as she caught the end of their conversation, so why would she ask iwaizumi that knowing.

he just shrugged not really knowing what to say.

"what good would it do? he wants to leave without a proper goodbye then let him, i don't care," iwaizumi grumbled.

of course that was a lie and sakura knew it, iwaizumi wanted nothing more than to go see him right now and wish him a safe journey. but iwaizumi was stubborn.

"i think you do really, why don't you give him a call?" she asked him.

iwaizumi shook his head at the idea.