𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Peter had gone to the party with Ned, sending Dylan multiple text on the way but only getting left on read

Peter had gone to the party with Ned, sending Dylan multiple text on the way but only getting left on read. He felt guilty for it, telling May on the way over and over exact what she said and trying to comprehend why she was mad. In his mind, he assumed it was because he failed to tell her about knowing Spider-Man.

"Oh no." Ned said with wide eyes as the pair stood awkwardly in the door way after Liz hurried off.

"Oh no? No what?" Peter asked quickly, spinning around in the direction Ned was staring off at. His eyes set on Flash who was close by the karaoke, Dylan under his arm and looking as though she'd rather be anywhere else, "Oh my god, she left us for Flash?"

"We have to save her, Spider-Man up!" Ned said quickly, hitting Peter on the chest before the obnoxious voice rung.

"Penis Parker!" Flash said loudly into the mic, letting Dylan go as she held her drink in her hands, "Where's your pal, Spider-Man? Let me guess, in Canada with your imaginary girlfriend?"

Dylan rolled her eyes, "Leave him alone, Flash."

"Oh look, I brought Dylan with me!" Flash spoke loudly as he grinned over at Peter, "That's not Spider-Man! That's just Ned in a red shirt."

Dylan ended up on one of Liz's balconies, sipping at the diet coke. She didn't like parties, though this was the first one she's ever gone to. Dylan figured out they weren't her thing the second she walked in, hating the way everyone acted as if they knew and liked her just because she came with Flash. She only came to show she wasn't a loser, only came to show Peter she didn't care.

Dylan hadn't found the constellation she'd been looking for, no matter how hard she looked. She'd searched for two weeks now, never once being able to find it. She began wondering if it was a myth, fake news she read on a fake website with fake people. Maybe if was all fake, maybe even she was.

A clear of a throat was heard behind her, making Dylan turn. She gasped quickly, dropping her drink at her feet. While Dylan wasn't sure who she expected to stand behind her, the last person was Spider-Man. He stood just a few feet infront of her, messing with his thumbs. Dylan should had been able to realize how familiar he seemed, but her mind was far from thinking clearly.

Dylan opened her mouth, closed it again, opening, close, "H-Hi."

He stood there, rocking on his heels slightly. Dylan felt her face warm horribly, like she was back in the hospital after getting sick at the airport. She said one word, just one when she had so many, "Do you like roaches?"

He shook his head at her, taking a step closer. Dylan held her breath, a small smile, "Me neither."

He stared at her a moment, taking a step closer and reaching his hand out. Dylan took it instantly, her face lit up as she held Spider-Mans hand, "I'm Dylan."

He didn't say anything, Dylan wished he would. His hand came up, touching the side of her face a moment before using it to web the side of Liz's house, swinging over Dylan's body and circling the house quickly.

He was gone again.

Dylan ended up leaving the party after not being able to find Peter. He'd been the only reason she showed up and Ned said he left as well. Dylan was flushed in the face the rest of the night, she even smiled when having the put roach spray in the doorway. She smiled in the shower, even when she got soap in her eye. She smiled going to sleep, even with the loud honking outside of her window.

Spider-Man knew her name, her held her hand, he touched her face. She spoke to him.

A small knock at her window woke Dylan up, her eyes opening as the moon hit her harshly. Waiting a moment, the knocking came again. Sitting up, Dylan crawled to the end of her bed and looked out the window. Peter stood on the other side, a tight lipped smile as he stared through the glass at her.

Dylan rose her window slowly, hoping to not wake her cousin down the hall, "Is everything okay?"

"Everything's okay." Peter said back to her, softly and in a whisper. Dylan could see the hurt in his eyes, the pain in his voice. She didn't ask, not because she didn't care, but because she knew he wouldn't tell her anyways.

"Come in, it's cold out there." Dylan said, scooting over so Peter could climbed in with ease. Dylan shut the window back, cringing slightly at the thump it made when it shut. Peter took his jacket off, pulling her shoes off in the process. Dylan walked over to her closet, handing him one of her shirts she liked to sleep in because it was larger. Peter changed quickly as Dylan got in her bed again, scooting closer to the edge, leaving room for him.

When Peter crawled in behind her, Dylan waited until he was under the covers to ask, "Did something happen at the party?"

"No." he whispered back. He smelt the faint scent of strawberries on her, mixed with a sage scent that always helped her sleep. He rolled over some, scooting closer and wrapping his arms around her. Dylan scooted back in his arms, pulling his around her better. Peter pushed his head into her back as her thumb ran a circle over his knuckles, "I'm sorry for not telling you about Spider-Man."

Dylan didn't say anything for a second, "I wasn't mad at you for not telling me."

Peter frowned in confusion, moving his head off her back, "Then what were you so upset for?"

Dylan reached back and encouraged him to lay back down, this time on her shoulder, arms tightening around her as the sirens rung down the streets of Queens rung, "I don't know, I guess it was just a bad day."

"Okay." Peter whispered back to her, eyes shutting as he inhaled. Dylan counted to sixty, feeling his arms loosen around her, indicating he was asleep.

kylie speaks

they didn't talk
about all that cuddling
in the first chapter just to
not get a chapter on it!

they didn't talk about all that cuddling in the first chapter just tonot get a chapter on it!