𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

"Ned! If you don't tell me what the hell is going on!" Dylan shouted as she busted into the computer lab, "I know you know what's going on with Peter! Why did he leave Liz, the same girl he's been in love with for years, on the dance floor? And wh...

"Ned! If you don't tell me what the hell is going on!" Dylan shouted as she busted into the computer lab, "I know you know what's going on with Peter! Why did he leave Liz, the same girl he's been in love with for years, on the dance floor? And why did you run into here nearly immediately?"

"Dylan, you don't-" he began, stopping as she grabbed him by the face.

"Tell me!" she demanded quickly, her eyes narrow and voice low.

"There's a dance going on." their teacher spoke up, leaning in the doorway, "What are the two of you doing?"

Ned and Dylan stared at her with wide eyes, "Watching porn."

"Ned, I swear-" Dylan began before he stopped her, grabbing her by the arms.

"Cyclone." he said quickly, "Go there and he'll explain everything to you."

"Who? Peter?" Dylan asked quickly. Ned hugged her a moment, "Cyclone?"

"Cyclone." he repeated, a knowing look on his face as Dylan took off her heels and ran as quick as she could.

Dylan's feet hit the stairs up the old metal, they creaked each time she took a step. As she made it to the top, Dylan took a deep breath and made her presence known.

"Dylan?" it was Peter, she barley saw him in the darkness, more of a outline.

"Peter!" she said, taking a deep breath, "Ned told me to meet-"

When Peter emerged from the darkness, Dylan heart stopped. He was covered in wounds, all bleeding and bruised, "Peter! Oh my god, wh-"

She stopped suddenly when she saw what he was wearing, saw what was in his hand.

The suit, the mask.

Spider-Mans suit, Spider-Mans mask.

She was silent, gapping with wide eyes. Peter stared at her, his night the worst thing he'd ever experienced but looking at her made him feel safe. Yet she seemed so far right now, lost maybe, "I'm sorry, Dylan."

"You're him." she concluded. Peter gave a small nod, looking down at his feet as insecurities rushed through his head, "And you- it's why you were always gone?"

"Yes." he spoke, so low she nearly missed it, "I'm sorry."

Dylan took a single step forward, her heart racing as she let it sink in, "You're Spider-Man."

"I'm sorry it's me and not who you wanted it to be." he said, Dylan saw his eyes watering through the wounds on his face, "I'm sorry for everything."

"Why?" she asked, taking another step forward, "I wished you'd told me, but why do you keep saying sorry?"

"Because he was suppose to be your superhero." Peter spoke in disbelief, more confused by her words then what he should have been, "Because he wasn't suppose to be me."

Dylan shook her head slightly as she scanned his busted face, "You're exactly the type of guy I was hoping he'd end up being."

Peter blinked at her in disbelief, "You're just saying that."

"I'm not." Dylan spoke in embarrassment as she shook her head, "I'm really sorry if I made you uncomfortable with everything I said. I wouldn't have said all of that stuff if I knew."

"About you being in love with Spider-Man?" Peter asked her, Dylan gave a nod. The New York air was cold on her skin so high up, "You didn't make me uncomfortable."

"I didn't?" Dylan asked hopefully, her hair blew.

Peter shook her head as his cheeks reddened, "I-I liked when you said it."

Dylan stared at him, silence was over the two. Peter began regretting he said it before she spoke up again, "Because you wanted me to be in love with you?"

Peter looked down at his feet, "I didn't just leave Liz at the dance because of this."

Dylan waited, she wanted him to say more, "Keep talking."

"I don't know, I just always felt like we had this-" Peter stumbled over his words in the slightest with a sigh of disbelief, "I don't know, a more then friendship connection. Like-Like the ones you like to read about, in your conspiracy books. Maybe it wasn't, maybe I just was a idiot, and I-"

"You aren't a idiot." Dylan spoke fast so he'd shut up, "You're not a idiot Peter."

He stared at her, wanting her to go on, "Keep talking."

"I know what you mean, I just didn't want to ruin things by bringing it up or feeding into it." Dylan spoke honestly. Peter nodded in agreement quickly as he walked closer, "But sometimes, I wonder what it's like."

"I wonder what it's like too." Peter agreed, he smiled softly. His hand placed on Dylan's face, "I wish I told you about being Spider-Man before."

Dylan placed her hand on his cheek back with a small smile, "If you had, I don't think we'd have been able to say any of this."

Peter smiled as she smiled back, "I'm really glad we said it."

kylie speaks

yessss🥺
finally, i've been
waiting for this one!

yessss🥺finally, i've beenwaiting for this one!