Chapter 17: His Wolf Spirit

Red:

My eyes were wide with shock and I processed what Luca was telling me. Nicholai murdered his own father. Taking his hand, the walk back to my family's homes was quiet as we both continued in silence.

Once we met Jac, Luca excused himself to go change and let the rest of his pack know about tonight. Reaching the door to my cabin, I asked Jac to go let Rose and Dan know that we would be joining his pack for dinner. He thankfully agreed without argument, leaving me to enter my studio alone. I needed to put some things away.

I was not lying when I said that I was not provided with a picture of Luca's wolf, but that didn't mean that I hadn't painted the large white frame of the beast with the striking blue eyes that seemed to haunt my dreams.

There were pictures of him everywhere, from all angles, in the barren icy landscape. Gathering them all, I quickly stuffed them into a drawer in the back of my studio. Doing some general tidying I quickly tore through my cabin making it more presentable before turning on the water in my shower.

Carefully stripping off my clothes, I let the warm water run down my shoulders and back, easing the tension from my muscles. The ache in my shoulder was lessening, but the archery tournament earlier today still took its toll on the rest of my muscles.

Hearing my door open, I called down to Jac that I would be ready in a few minutes.

Exiting the shower, I wrapped myself in a towel mind a million miles away walking into my bedroom while combing my fingers through my hair.

My breath caught in my throat as I came face to face with Luca standing in my room, looking out the front facing window. He had changed into a fitted V-neck black, short sleeve shirt and deep blue jeans that I immediately imagined tearing off. Down girl, I repeated in my head. Turning to appraise my flushed expression his eyes turned that deep shade of blue that I love.

His scent mixed with mine in the small space was enough to make my head swim as I almost lost my grip on the towel. His eyes flicked down, his expression hungry for more.

My feet carried me towards him without thought or decision. Looking up into his face, he brushed his knuckles against my cheek, lighting sparks beneath my skin.

Our lips crashed together before I could react, driven by instinct alone I felt his strong hands on my back, lifting me up to grant better access to my mouth. Growling deep in my throat I nipped his lower lip, causing him to groan under my hands.

Pulling my thigh upward he carried me to lay back on the bed. My head was spinning from the sensations, my chest heaving under the think fabric of the towel. I ran my hands up his back, fingertips following the ridges of his muscles. Savoring all the small, delicious sounds and tremors that I elicited from my mate.

"Luca!" I gasped as he lowered his body onto mine, the pressure from his hips on mine alone was enough to make me go crazy. His hand still holding my thigh began to sink lower as he gripped the bare skin of my behind.

Intertwining his fingers in my hair, he pulled my head to the side roughly as I felt his mouth move along my jawline, down my neck and to my shoulder. I gasped at the sensation as his teeth scraped over my bare skin.

"Luca, wait –" I stammered. I knew what he wanted to do, what his wolf wanted to do but I wasn't ready yet.

He growled, pulling back to stare down into my eyes, his own now completely overtaken by the deep blue of his wolf's. My breathing was still ragged as I moved my hands to push his chest up lightly.

With a groan, he let me, shifting to lie next to me. "I'm sorry, I can't seem to control myself around you." He chuckled. "You have to know how unlike me that is."