Chapter 2: Alpha of the Arctic Circle

Disclaimer: All characters in this work are purely fiction, are all over 18 years old, all situations are consensual and all writing is the sole property of Bella Bellua, author.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Him:

I didn't want to do this and my Beta knew it. When we had received Alpha Atlas' invitation I had disregarded it as politics that I did not want to be a part of. After all, my pack was made up of wolves who were viewed as strange and unwanted by their kin. Yes, I was their Alpha, but that did not make our participation in this event by my preference alone.

Besides, in addition to the invitation was a letter notifying me that we were to expect company, and soon.

Sighing deeply I mind linked with Jarrod and had him gather the adults of our pack for a meeting. This is not going to end well, I could feel it already.

I had no qualms with Atlas, after all I trained with his son during my youth. His successor, Alpha Orion was a headstrong and stubborn wolf. He would make a good leader one day, and he was one of the few that I could call a true friend outside of my own pack mates.

I left my small home and headed towards the large structure in the center of our town. Waiting there were six of my strongest warriors. My Beta, Jarrod rose his head and nodded at my entry.

"Alright everyone." I began, "I have received an invitation from Alpha Atlas for us to join a gathering of northern packs." I paused, eyes scanning the room. The older warriors, like myself looked wary, while some of the younger recruits' eyes widened in excitement.

"As is the way with our pack, this decision is not mine to make alone, but I do warn you, our involvement in something this...public could change the dichotomy of our way of life. But –" I hesitated, Jarrod's eyes bore into mine. "I think that this could be an opportunity for us to establish our place as a presence in the Arctic Circle, and the surrounding northern tundra."

I let my words sink in, there were other violent roaming packs over the frozen regions of Russia and the North Americas who we could announce our presence to. Our pack was made up of exiled warriors and war refugees. Inhabiting a small town to the northern edge of the human territory of Greenland, my people were made up of warriors who had sought safe haven after territory attacks decimated their home packs, and mated pairs and families who fled from the violent bands of rogues who invaded the remote areas of the arctic.

What had begun as just myself, Jarrod and the three other original members of the arctic wolves had now increased to a string of small towns along the northern edge of the arctic ocean.

It was Leon who spoke up first. "Alpha, I agree with your strategy. We are allies with Atlas and his kin, this would be the perfect opportunity for us to join with the northern packs and to announce our presence to the pack leaders in the rest of the Americas." I nodded my head in agreement.

Jac continued, "Plus it's a perfect opportunity to show off our skill among the regional leaders in the games!" He beamed enthusiastically. Laughter echoed around the room. Part of the gathering involved a series of tournament style games. I saw Atlas' wisdom in this, wolves enjoyed nothing more than healthy competition, so this was sure to bring the male members of the packs closer very quickly.

"Where is the gathering being held?" Quince's low voice came from the back corner of the room. "In a remote forest region in the northeastern part of the human territory of Canada." I responded.

Jac's eyes lit up, "That's close to my home!" he exclaimed. "Yeah, maybe we'll see that hot little sister you always gush about." Ty teased him, elbowing Jac in the ribs. Jac was a war orphan who was raised in a wolf orphanage of sorts. We found him about 3 years back starting trouble with some eastern rogues, he's been part of our pack ever since. Him and Ty are our newest, and youngest warriors.