Chapter 20: With Thunder and Lightning

Red:

Stepping out onto the icy plains I could hear my heart pounding in my chest. Luca was being so sweet and supportive but I knew that my power was tied to my emotions. Emotions that I was having trouble keeping in check as I struggled to regulate my breathing.

Somehow I knew that Luca could feel my anxiety as I saw his eyes soften.

"Red, let me go first." He said gently.

I nodded, trying to swallow the bile that I could taste in the back of my throat.

"Sometimes the best way to avoid an anxious situation, is a distraction." I stared at him confused, as his lips twitched into an ornery grin. His hold on his blanket loosened until it hung low on his waist.

"A big distraction." He said darkly, a mischievous glint in his eye as he completely dropped the blanket.

"Luca!" I squealed, covering my face with my blanket. Peaking over the edge I yelped as I glimpsed his exceptionally large distraction. My wolf purred, as appealing as his human form is get on with it to I can see my other half! She smiled in my head.

"Aren't you cold?" I giggled, trying to avert my eyes.

"Maybe...a little. Why? Not enough to impress you?" He continued to smirk, standing completely naked and proud in front of me.

Peeking out over my blanket again, my head spun with the sight, in all his glory. If this was him affected by the cold then, oof was I in trouble when it came to the warm confines of our bed.

Clearing my throat, I forced myself to look him in the eye as I smiled sincerely.

Goddess thank you for blessing me with a mate that can make me smile, even when facing my deepest fears.

"Thank you Luca, I think I'm ready." I said. He smiled, his eyes steadily holding mine as he knelt down on the ice, preparing for the shift.

"Alright, Red. I want you to formally meet my wolf and see the power that I vow I will always use to protect you." I nodded, composing myself as I felt the air around us shift. A wind suddenly picked up, swirling around Luca, gently at first but then strong enough to stir the fog arising off the ice. The air crackled with electricity as Luca begin to tap into his power.

I felt the hair on my arms stand on end as electric energy began pouring off of him in waves. Keeping my eyes trained on him, his face blurred as his eyes blazed a deep blue. His normal white hair lengthened as hair began to erupt from his skin, traveling down his back and along his arms. His shift was so smooth it astounded me. His muscles lengthened, bones shifted and in one fluid moment a large white wolf was standing before me.

He appraised me with his deep blue eyes before taking a few cautious steps towards me. I met his gaze with confidence. I was not afraid of him, or his wolf. Reaching out my hand, he touched my extended fingers with his cold nose. Nuzzling into my palm, I ran my fingers over the delicate soft fur of his face and ears. My movement elicited an adorable rumble from the wolf in front of me.

I smiled wide, finally feeling like I could trust him, both of them, with my deepest secret. I crouched in front of the white wolf looking him squarely in the eyes.

"Luca – " I began when the wolf softly growled. "Lucian," I corrected myself, as he nodded slightly.

My wolf was howling in my head, she wanted out and she wanted it now.

Bowing my head, I tapped into my own power. I could feel my wolf pacing inside of me, ready to burst out and join with her mate in our purest forms. Opening my eyes once more, the normal gold flecks that tinted my grey eyes swirled until they turned to silver.