Chapter 18: Meeting the Pack

Red:

Reluctantly, I sat up excusing myself to get dressed for dinner. I chose a halter neck deep blue lace sundress with an open back and skirt that flares out at my waistline, stopping at my mid-thigh. Matching it with black wedge heels, and dark metallic jewelry, I styled my hair up to show off the neckline of the dress. Spending more time on wing eyeliner than any other part of my preparation, I smiled at my reflection.

I know I'm about to meet a bunch of warriors, but I could still show off a bit. My wolf purred in contentment, she was happy with our outfit too.

Hearing voices outside, I descended the stairs to my studio. Bouncing off the last step, I met Luca's hungry eyes waiting for me. Smiling like a fool, I gave my dress a twirl so he could appreciate the whole outfit.

Stalking towards me, he draped his arms around my waist pulling me close. "Now that's just not fair," he growled into my neck.

I giggled, batting my eyes innocently. "I just want to make a good first impression."

We were interrupted by Jac's loud knock at the door. I could hear his and another male voice outside.

"Guess it's showtime." I smiled, pushing out of his arms to answer the door.

Jac smiled warmly before whistling, "Geeze, sis you dress up well."

I laughed, "I could say the same about you." I eyed his dark faded jeans and white polo.

"Well Jac, introduce us already." His friend said, his deep set eyes scanning my outfit.

"Red, this is my friend, Ty." Ty was tall and thin, with angular hooded brown eyes, high cheekbones, full lips and a sharp jawline. His dark hair was slicked back.

"Jac has written about you! It's nice to finally meet you!" I smiled shaking his hand.

"And I've heard so much about you, but he didn't tell me how beautiful you were!" He said smugly, leaning against the doorframe.

A growl behind me stopped all conversation, smirking I opened the door further to reveal Luca standing in my entryway. Ty's expression dropped as he put two and two together. Suddenly he punched Jac in the arm, seething. "Dude, a little warning would have been nice!"

I giggled at Jac who was now rubbing his upper arm.

"Well, now that were all acquainted, let's go shall we." I said, winking at Luca. Taking his hand, I closed my door and followed the group as we piled into Jac's Jeep.

Arriving at the edge of Orion's camp, we were greeted with the heavenly smell of roasted meat and the sound of happy conversation. A large campfire had been set up in a clearing surrounded by tables and benches in a large semicircle.

Hopping out of the Jeep, I smoothed my dress, trying to quell the butterflies in my stomach.

Luca wrapped his arm around my waist, silently giving me the support I need. I notice Jac and Ty eye his movement carefully.

"Luca, why does everyone keep eyeing us together?" I whispered to him.

I could feel his movement stop, letting them proceed without us.

"I –" He stopped, turning to face me. "I'm pretty solitary, back home."

He sighed, "Red, I've been with other women before, but that was a...long time ago. Before much of the pack knew me."

"You've known Christian for a long time though, and he immediately took notice."

Damn, she's sharp. I chided myself internally.