Chapter 13 - Paint My Walls and Shade Me

Chapter 13 – Paint My Walls and Shade Me

"It would be fun if you're responding to my questions, Laurie," Chris said. "Come on, it's not like you really love that rapper. You love me. You just need to find a guy worthy enough of your attention while I was gone,"

"Just to tell you, Chris," I glared at him from the passenger's seat. "I was the one who wanted you in jail,"

"I've already forgotten that," one of his hand was placed on top of mine and I harshly slapped his hand away. "Let's start over,"

"Why are you out of jail?" I asked, clearly avoiding what he just said earlier. "It's too early for you to have already gotten out. Did you bail?"

"Of course I did," he winked at me. "But I know that you wouldn't do anything about it,"

"You're a jerk,"

"But you love me,"

"I did. You should learn the difference," I said through gritted teeth and looked ahead. I didn't want to show any more weakness in front of him. I didn't want to cry. "You should accept the fact that someone way better than you came into my life. You just can't accept it,"

"What does that rapper have that I don't?" he asked and he ran his fingers through his dark blonde hair. "Is it because he's famous? Never knew that you were that kind of girl. How did you meet him, huh? I'm curious, Laurie. I'm curious to know how you managed to attract a famous rapper's attention,"

"Him being famous was not the reason why I fell in love with him," I glared at Chris. Wait. Did I just admit that I fell in love with Marshall? "And the rest about my life is none of your business. Where the hell are you taking me, Chris?"

"Of course, I'll be taking you to my house,"

"And what? Beat the shit right out of me again?"

"Just don't be stubborn and everything is going to be alright,"

"Nothing's going to be alright," I whispered but I sent the message more to myself.

***

I didn't know where Chris went right after he dropped me in his house and locked me inside his room. My mind wandered on how he got a car. Maybe he stole it or something. How about this house? How was he able to afford it?

I kind of saw this coming already so I just bathed and lay on the bed. There was nothing else I could do. He would just let me leave the house for work or other important stuff. I was going to be like a prisoner here.

It was already nine o' clock in the evening when my phone rang. I didn't need to look at the caller ID to know that it was Marshall...but of course I did check my phone to confirm who it was.

It took me a minute to fully decide to block Marshall from my phone. That was the best thing to do. I came back with Chris because I didn't want Marshall to get hurt. If Chris ever laid his filthy hands on Marshall, I was not going to be able to forgive myself.

If I didn't block him, I knew that he would bombard me with text messages that would make me think of coming back to him even though there was a huge risk because of Chris.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down. I should just keep myself entertained whilst I was on this hell hole.

I turned to my side to get the remote that was located on top of the mini shelf beside Chris's bed and opened the television.

As soon as I opened the television, I got a glimpse of Marshall...together with me.

What?

It was taken back when we were eating in a fancy restaurant that he took me. I did see a couple of papparazi there. I didn't really expect for anything to go in public. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it if I was still together with Marshall, but now...I was with Chris. It was going to be a whole lot complicated in my part and especially in Marshall's part. I knew that he was going to be asked by a lot of fans of who was I and what was I doing together with him.

I didn't have an idea of how he was supposed to answer his questions now that I was back together with Chris.

As for me, I should just be aware when going outside so no one would be able to recognize me.

My phone rang again, and this time, I still knew who was calling. Without looking at the caller's ID, I answered my phone.

"Where are you?!" a furious voice greeted me. "Where the fuck are you?!"

"I'm with him," I answered flatly.

"With Chris?!" it was obvious that she was angry by the way she was yelling at me. An angry Jill was not someone I was used too. Jill was an outgoing person who didn't get angry...until now.

"Please don't tell Marshall," I pleaded. "Just let him believe that I ran away from him. Just don't tell him that I'm back together with Chris. I'm afraid of what he might do,"

"Let him fight for you, Laurie," Jill's voice calmed down. "He's the one for you,"

"I don't want him to get hurt,"

"I believe that's his choice," she said. "But I'm not really in the place to tell him of your decision. But just give it a thought, Laurie," and with that, she hung the phone up.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?

***

"I'm back," that was what Chris said when he opened the door of the room I was in. I just glared at him then focused my attention back to the movie that I was watching. "Are you not going to ask of where I have been?"

"I would if I cared," I told him. "But I guess I just don't care to even bother about what you do in your life. You could be a murderer for all I care,"

"Oh, come on, Laurie," he sat on the corner of my bed. "Don't be like that. You should care about me like you did before,"

"Past it past,"

"Then why am I here with you then?

"Do I even have to answer that?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "You threatened me and I'll be a fool if I ignored those threats. I know your words aren't empty thoughts,"

"You know me so well,"

"I do," I agreed. "And that's why I hate you,"

"You can't hate someone that you loved for years,"

"Then explain to me what I'm feeling right now then," I challenged but he remained silent. "I hate you. I hate you more than I hate my life and that's saying a lot,"

"But you have no choice but to forget him,"

"I will not forget Marshall,"

"You will," he chuckled. "You're going to marry me."