Chapter 14 - Paint My Walls and Shade Me

Chapter 14

Two weeks had passed ever since I moved here in Chris' place. Tomorrow was the day I was going to get married to him. I pictured marriage as something wonderful and...magical. I never thought that I would be married to a criminal.

Not a day had passed when I didn't think of Marshall. There was a part of me that hoped that I would see him again but I knew that it was impossible and I was wishing for too much. I also didn't want him to see me like this.

Chris planned all of this by himself. He talked to a lawyer so that our marriage would be held privately. He also wanted full access to my bank account. It was supposed to be a joint account but with Chris having nothing else to offer, he would be dependent on my income.

I wasn't wrong when I figured out that I would be abused. Scratch marks and bruises were obvious on my skin. I was not just physically abused. I was also sexually violated.

Even though I knew that I was the victim, I felt like a slut.

I was just a toy to him.

"Laurie," Chris spoke of my name whilst he was on top of me. "I really want you to enjoy this as much as I am,"

"Why would I pretend that I'm enjoying this?" I spat. "You disgust me,"

My head turned to the side as I received a slap from him. He slapped me hard but my face was already numb from the pain that he brought to me every day. My body was sore and my whole body was aching...including my heart.

I didn't say anything after that as I realized that there was nothing left for me to do but to let him dominate my body.

***

I woke up with a text from Jill, 'I know that you're going to get married today. And I know that this isn't the marriage you wanted it to be...and I respect your decision. But as your best friend, I want to see you get married. Can you ask Chris to let me come?'

Jill knew that I was getting married today since I told her about it. Out of all the unforgivable things that Chris had done, he was generous of letting me stay in contact with Jill. But I was warned not to tell her of where I was and Chris also threatened her not to call the police. I still had not seen her ever since I left Marshall's house.

"Chris," I choked out.

"What?"

"I have one last request,"

"Anything for you," he grinned. I didn't know if he knew that what he said contradicted his personality.

"Can Jill come to our wedding?"

He gave it a thought for a minute and said, "Only for the wedding," Chris gave me the address and I texted Jill the venue and the time of when the wedding was going to be held.

I was not happy with the thought of being married to Chris...but at least I would be able to see my best friend today.

***

"Laurie!" Jill hugged me out of the blue. I guessed she arrived here earlier than us. She pulled away from me and her eyes widened at my sight. "You're badly bea—" I shook my head sadly so that she wouldn't make a big deal out of my bruises.

"Jill," Chris smiled at Jill like they were old friends. Little did he know that Jill was already strangling him mentally.

"Long time no see," Jill did her best to smile at him.