Chapter 6 - Paint My Walls and Shade Me

Chapter 6

"Where are we?" I managed to choke out.

"My house," he answered as he went out of the car and opened the door for me. We were in a garage and he led me to which I guessed was the main house itself. "You said to bring you anywhere, and here we are,"

"I can just go to a hotel,"

"You can stay here," he said and he opened the door that led to a very exquisite looking house. "We have a spare room,"

"Who else lives here?" I asked him bluntly.

"My brother and three daughters," he answered. Sudden footsteps came from the stairs. "And here they are," I didn't really become shocked when I heard that he already had daughters. He was already forty years old after all.

"Dad!" three girls chorused as they made their way downstairs. Two were teenagers and one was still a child.

"Hello!" one of the older girls approached me. "I assume that you're Laurie, right?"

"How'd you know?" I smiled at her.

"Dad came home last night looking as happy as ever," the youngest chirped in. "Of course we pulled the information out of him,"

I looked at Marshall at the corner of my eye and saw him blushing. I chuckled. He was so adorable. "I'm Lainie," the one who still hadn't spoken introduced. "I'm nineteen years old if in any case you're wondering,"

"I'm Hailie," the first one who spoke said. "I'm seventeen,"

"And I'm Whitney," the youngest came in last. "Eleven years old,"

"And I'm Nathan," someone interrupted. I turned to look at the direction of the voice and saw a guy standing near the door. "Twenty-seven years old. Are you the infamous Laurie my brother's crushing on?"

"Shut up," Marshall glared at Nathan, but I knew it was a fake one. "He's my brother, don't mind him,"

"I'm Laurie, but I doubt it that your brother's crushing on me," I introduced with a slight chuckle.

"Trust me," Nathan winked at me. "He's my brother. I've known him for the longest time. Of course I know what's going on inside that wacko head of his,"

"Did you just say that I have a wacko head?" Marshall cleared.

"And what if I am, big bro?" he mocked. "You do know that violence doesn't really get a girl like Laurie, right?"

"Uncle's right," Whitney agreed.

"What do you know about getting a girl, Whitney?" Marshall asked the youngest one. "Is a boy already making a move on you?"

"Dad!" she whined. "You're embarrassing me in front of your girlfriend!"

"She's right, Marshall," I laughed. "She can go have a boyfriend at her age. She's young!" I then looked at Whitney. "But promise me that you'll only give your first kiss to that guy you lasted longer with, alright?"

"Promise!" Whitney smiled at me.

"Go do your homeworks, girls," Marshall told them.

"I want to talk to Laurie!" Hailie complained.

"Me too," Lainie added. I was now curious at how Marshall talked about me. Did he say good things or bad things? But with the way that it looked, I was guessing that all the things that he said about me were better than I expected.

"So...Laurie, why are you here?" Nathan asked me as the three of us sat on the sofas. I was in front of them whilst both brothers sat on the sofa in front of me. "It's not like I don't want you here, but you know...why are you here?

"My ex's at my door," I whispered, finally admitting the truth.

"For how many years?" Marshall asked. "Is he stalking you?"

"We've been together for I guess, five years?" I answered. "Ended two years ago and yes, he's stalking me. I thought I already got rid of him. I moved to another house and I see him there again,"

"Want me and my brother to beat him up for you?" Nathan suggested. "Or Marshall can just go alone. I know that he wants to do it,"

"Back off, man," Eminem punched his brother's arm. "But we can just really beat them. I don't mind,"

"That's what I'm talking about, bro!" Nathan cheered Marshall's back. I looked at the both of them and somehow saw a resemblance. Maybe it was their eyes that gave away. The shape, not the color. Marshall's eyes were very unique. It was in the most unique shade I'd ever seen.

"That's going to be impossible," I shook my head.

"Why?" both brothers chorused.

"He's a criminal," I looked at them. "And I think he just got out of prison."