Epilogue - Paint My Walls and Shade Me

Epilogue

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Marshall was looking at me. "You're awake already?" I asked him. "And why are you looking at me like that,"

"You're just too beautiful," he smiled and I couldn't take my eyes off of his smile. "Happy anniversary, babe,"

"Happy anniversary," I smiled at him. "Time goes by so fast and it's already our third year anniversary. I still can't believe it," Nothing changed all throughout these years. We were still together and our relationship grew stronger. "Can we just stay here today?" I whined. "I don't want to go out even though it's our anniversary...and my body's still sore,"

"Was I too rough on you last night?"

"Yes..." I then gave him a peck on the lips. "But I liked it,"

"I'm turned on," he grinned and went on top of me.

Right as he was about to kiss me, we heard the door slammed open. "Mom, Da—Oh my God, I've seen what I should have not seen!" Hailie then slammed the door shut but continued speaking on the other side of the door, "Marie's crying and she doesn't want to stop!"

"We'll be there!" I told her. Marshall's children acknowledged me as their mother and they were happy enough to call me 'mom'. Even though I never had any children before, I treated them as my own. "Let's go now,"

"But I want to have morning sex with you," Marshall frowned. "Just one round, please?"

"No," I pushed him off of me, wore my clothes, and then hurriedly went downstairs. I saw Marie crying whilst Lainie was holding her, making funny faces so she wouldn't cry. But obviously, it was not very effective.

Marie was the product of me and Marshall. She was already two years old. We named her Marie because it was our names combined together and it rhymed with the rest of her siblings.

"I thought you were going down later since you know?" Hailie chose her words carefully. "Ugh! I can't get the image out of my head,"

"We were covered by the sheets, you know?" I told her. "It's not bad,"

"But you're my parents!" she reasoned.

"Just drop it," Lainie chuckled.

"What are you talking about?" Whitney interrupted.

"Nothing you should concern yourself about," Nathan popped out of nowhere again. After all these years, he still loved doing that.

"What do you want to do today?" Marshall decided to join us, fully-clothed now.

"I just want to watch all day," I told him. "And Jill's coming over later. And speaking of Jill, when are you going to propose to her, Nathan?"

"Later," Nathan sheepishly grinned. Nathan and Jill had been dating for two years already. I guessed it was time for my best friend to have her happily ever after. "So...consider her as a part of this family,"

"We've already considered Aunt Jill a family a few years ago," Lainie rolled her eyes.

"Then it's settled," Marshall clapped his hands. "It's family bonding time."