Chapter 7 - Paint My Walls and Shade Me

Chapter 7

"He's a criminal?" Marshall cleared. "What did he do?"

"He..." I looked at Marshall and his brother, there were obviously waiting for my answer. "He abused me,"

"Did you love him?" Nathan asked me.

"Yes," I admitted. "That's the reason why I never left him in the first place,"

"Until now?" Marshall wondered.

Did I still love him? Was I still in love with Chris? The man who used me as a punching bag whenever he's frustrated about something?

"No," I shook my head. "Not anymore,"

"Where are you going to go now?" Nathan asked. "He knows your house, are you going to move out?"

"No," I shook my head. "I'm just going to go to Germany,"

"What?!" the brothers both exclaimed. I eyed them, wondering why they reacted that way.

"Germany?!" Nathan yelled once again. "That's really far away from here!"

"I know," I nodded. "That's why I'm going to move there,"

"What about Jill?" Marshall asked. "Are you willing to leave your bestfriend here?"

"There's a ninety percent chance that she would come with me," I explained. "And even if I refused for her to come with me, she would just beg me for it,"

"What a bestfriend..." Nathan said in awe. "I shall meet her,"

"You wouldn't be able to be together once she chose to come with me," I chuckled at him. "You have no chance,"

"Can't you just stay?" Marshall asked in a serious manner. "I mean, you can just go to the police and file a restriction order,"

"Do you think that could stop him?" I asked. "You don't know Chris. He's a rule breaker, he never listens to anyone,"

"So you'll really go to Germany?" Nathan cleared.

"Yes," I breathed out. "I have no choice,"

"Why not live with me?" Marshall blurted out but corrected his sentence. "Umm...with us?"

Nathan smirked at his brother and patted his back. "You can just ask her to marry you if you want,"

"Shut up," Marshall pushed his hand away. "If you're with me, I'm willing to bet that he's not going anywhere near you,"

"What makes you so sure of that?" I wondered.

"I'm Eminem," that was all he answered. "What's not to do?"

"I can't do that," I shook my head.

"Why not?" Nathan asked. "Don't you want to live in a free rent house?"

"Because it's going to be embarrassing," I admitted and before both of them could speak, I talked first. "Not for me, but for you. If you want to ask why, I can't answer because I don't really know how to explain it. And my decision is final, I'm leaving,"

"When?" the both asked.

"Maybe in two days,"

"Look," Marshall looked at me. "Stay in my house for two weeks. If Chris goes anywhere near you in that short period of time, I'll even accompany you to the airport,"

I looked at him just to see if he was serious but he didn't budge, so that obviously answered my question. "I don't know..."

"Two weeks," Nathan repeated. "What's to lose? And it will give you enough time to think if you want to leave your job and friends here,"

"You just don't want me to go so you can hit on Jill, right?" I questioned and Nathan smiled nervously. "Alright," I sighed. "I'll stay," both of their faces lit up. "Two weeks, alright?" Marshall smiled at me and so did Nathan.

As I looked at Marshall, I started to wonder.

Why didn't he want me to go?

Well, whatever the reason was, it bugged the hell out of me.

***

"You're going to stay with him?!" Jill yelled as we were inside Starbucks, drinking our morning coffee. I still had not moved to Marshall's place yet but I knew that the two-weeks starting date of me staying there would start after my job.

Nathan insisted to get all my things from my apartment. I supposed that he got all my things from the apartment. "That's what I said," I took a sip of my black coffee. I wasn't a big fan of sugar. Even though this coffee had a bitter taste, I enjoyed it, just like every day. "And Nathan wants to meet you,"

"Who's he?" she asked.

"Marshall's brother,"

"Who's Marshall?"

"Eminem," I rolled my eyes. We had already hung out with Marshall and she still did not know of his name?

"Why does he want to meet me?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "To hit on you, obviously?"

"Is he hot?"

"Not as hot as Marshall," I trailed off as she eyed me because of my compliment to Marshall. "But he's qualified for your standards,"

"So he's hot?"

"I guess so," I admitted. "But like I said, Marshall's hotter, so don't expect too much,"

"Yeah, yeah," she rolled her eyes. "I get it. You've got the hotter guy. No need to rub it on my face,"

"What are you talking about?" I asked like she was stupid. "Marshall's not my guy,"

"Oh yeah?" she raised an eyebrow at me. "Then why did he offer for you to stay in his house? Why didn't he want you to leave?"

"I already asked that question to myself, Jill,"

"Just admit it, Laurie," she looked at me straight in the eyes. "Eminem fancies you and you feel the same way,"

"I do not!" I defended myself. "What's to like about me anyway?"

"I don't know," she finished the rest of her cup and stood up. "Ask Eminem."