Chapter 9 - Paint My Walls and Shade Me

Chapter 9

He pulled away, leaving me shocked and confused at the same time. There was something stirring in the pit of my stomach and I was very familiar of that feeling. It was the same feeling when I first met Chris. It was the same feeling when I was starting to fall in love with him.

Was I feeling the same for Marshall?

Was it really possible that I was falling in love with him?

But what could I possibly offer?

He was a celebrity, a rapper, and I was just an editor. I couldn't offer him something big like those models that he possibly dated before. He would meet girls more beautiful than me. He would leave me for them. But how could I say that when I didn't even try to have something going on with the infamous Slim Shady of the world?

"I like you," he admitted whilst I just still stared at him in shock. "Actually, I like you a lot,"

"Why?" I managed to blurt out. "What's to like about me?"

"You," he spoke. "You're you. I did tell you that I like you," he chuckled. "But to add up some things, you're beautiful, you're smart, and you share the same hobby of mine. And that's making raps," before I could even say something, he continued, "So, Laurie, I know I'm very old to say this, but will you go out with me?"

A half-minute of silence fluttered around the room as I continued to stare at him with widened eyes. "A-Are you sure?"

"Positive,"

"I'll give it a chance," I told him. "And I like you too,"

"Good to know," he smiled at me before standing up. "And please get ready, we'll leave in an hour," he walked away and I called out to ask something.

"What for?"

"I'll take you out on our first official date as a couple," he said as he stepped out of the room and flashed me a dazzling smile before closing the door.

Well, that was really...unexpected.

***

I didn't know what to wear on my first day with Marshall. Was I supposed to wear something sexy or something nice? Was I to dress like a teenage girl? Obviously not. Marshall was already a grown-up man, which meant that he already grew old of young girls.

Wait, I was fourteen years younger than him.

Well, nevermind that.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. "Come in," I spoke from the inside of the room. The door revealed Hailie. "Hey," I smiled at her. "What brings you here?"

"I saw my dad smiling when he went out of this room," she said as she sat on the edge of the bed as I was doing my make-up. "What happened?" I looked at her from the corner of my eye, not knowing if it was right for me to tell her what my relationship was with her father. "You make him happy and I like you for him,"

"I wish that I would be enough for him," I told her honestly. "I'm not most girls that he dated,"

"Of course," she agreed. "You're something more,"

***

"Where are you going to take me?" I asked Marshall as he was driving our way to our first date. "Are you going to take me fishing?"

"Maybe..." he grinned at me, obviously hinting that my sarcasm wasn't the answer.

"Dancing?"

"Maybe..."

"Rapping?"

"I'll give that a second thought," he said. "But we're not going to go rapping. What kind of first date will that be?"

"That will be a unique and exotic one,"

"Probably," he smiled. "Want another guess?"

I shook my head. "I don't suppose that we're going to go and have a dinner date, huh?"

"That's boring," he shrugged. "I want to make this fun,"

"How fun?"

"I don't know," he admitted. "Let's just hope for the best, okay?"

"Whatever you say, captain,"

"You know you love me, I know you care

Just shout whenever, and I'll be there

You are my love, you are my heart

And we will never ever ever be apart

Are we an item? Girl, quit playing

We're just friends, what are you saying?

Say there's another and look right in my eyes

My first love broke my heart for the first time

And I was like...

Baby, baby, baby oooh

Like baby, baby, baby nooo

Like baby, baby, baby oooh

I thought you'd always be mine (mine)"

"Oh, God," I whispered. "Please don't tell me that you brought me to a Bieber concert. I'm too old to be listening to his songs, anyway!"

"Does this place look like a concert to you?" he said as the both of us hopped out of his car. I scanned the place and confusion ran over me.

"You brought me to a carnival?"

"I told you that it would be fun," he smiled that goofy grin as he snatched my hand to drag me inside the carnival. He put on his cap as his disguise and I just couldn't believe of what was happening.

Two grown-ups in a carnival?

Epic.

How about Eminem in a carnival?

Unbelievably epic.